Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

No Chatter box this night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

No Chatter box this night Empty
PostSubject: No Chatter box this night   No Chatter box this night EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:54 pm

I have tried to look in the Chatter box for several hours with no luck. I wonder if the server is down. I am writing this to see if another place can accept a post.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: No Chatter box this night   No Chatter box this night EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 pm

So there I was wishing and hoping and posting. Snort, snort, snort! Today, I canned the peas. With every jar I put in the pressure cooker, I thought of our Alice. I do not know what I will do with this many peas.

Our decision this Christmas is that we will not buy anything as presents. Making something is ok. I wonder how impressed my family will be with jars of peas. My daughter does not like peas any more than Alice does. In fact, I do not think that peas are a favorite all around. Soup, well...peas are ok in soup as long as it is not pea soup. I suppose that peas must be something that keeps people from starving to death. I wonder if you could put peas in mush with okra and add a little mango in there and create a weapon of estomagal destruction. The mind does boggle.

My one daughter-in-law loves peas.

It must be a matter of taste.

I canned the onions. Small boiling ones. My David announced that he did not like those onions, canned, fresh, chopped or any other way. I now have 9 jars of them.
I wonder how they will go over as Christmas presents.....

My back hurts. Small thing.

I had to charge the battery out at the chicken's house for the electric wires. A couple of nights ago, someone ripped off the feeder and grabbed old Margaret and trounced down to the ditch, where she was left, dead. You all must know how I felt the sorrow for Margaret. She has been a brave chicken these many years. In fact, I think she was the oldest chicken I ever knew.

God bless Margaret.

Reginald, her husband, is left there with three old biddies around his own age. He is glad that they are still around and so am I. It is hard to think of chickens that age without anyone of their own kind. Who would look out and who would comfort. Well, that goes for us all.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: No Chatter box this night   No Chatter box this night EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Glad to see your post Betty. We do like peas here.

In four hours I have to wake up again and head to Madison for an MRI. An open MRI on my hip with my claustrophobic head out in the open. They want to see if there is some break in my leg they cannot see on an x-ray so they can do something so I can walk.

Anyway, they DID NOT say, "You have cancer. You're dying."

They said, "What can we do? You need an MRI. I know you are claustrophobic but we'll see what we can do." I can be such a problem patient.

Well, they pulled strings, checked insurance coverage, made phone calls, and in four hours I have to get up to go for an open MRI in Madison where they will put my hip inside, not my claustrophobic head.

They said I could take all the calming anti-anxiety meds I wanted, well within reason. They want me alive.

I am sleeping on the couch. The back of the couch gives me support to keep the pressure off my leg. My husband does come out of the bedroom to visit now and then.

I have slept for hours and hours. Now I have to figure out a "back support something or other" to wear in bed. Of course they might decide on some exotic surgery. If so, I'm coming back home to the orthopedic surgeon who did wonders on my husband's leg.

No one has given up or told me to go home. One friend suggested hospice but that suggestions was ignored completely. Sometimes I really wonder at her friendship.

I'll be back tomorrow afternoon.

I have written my Christmas letter and it s all printed. Now we have to find some willing grandkids to help with the decorating.

Shopping might not happen.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: No Chatter box this night   No Chatter box this night EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 7:37 am

Betty,

Canned peas are the worst.
Throw them at thieves.

Carol,

Hope they get you fixed up fast!

Your friend is an enemy. Hospice is for immediately terminally ill folks. What a nut!

Doctors are the ones to reccommend hospice.
Tell her to have it herself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Chatter box this night   No Chatter box this night Empty

Back to top Go down

No Chatter box this night
Page 1 of 1