Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Dick Stodghill has passed away

Go down 
+15
LC
Liam
dmondeo
Sue
Betty Fasig
Phil Whitley
Shelagh
thehairymob
joefrank
E. Don Harpe
alj
Carol Troestler
Don Stephens
alice
Abe F. March
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:46 pm

11/11/2009

Marie..

That was a great article and tribute to
Dick , a man of compassion, I read his Christmas
story and it touches the heart , I'm sure that German
soldier hasn't forgot that special night when a brave,
American soldier with a heart of gold helped him...God
Bless Dick.....

Cheers....Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for posting that link, Marie.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks for the web link, Marie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jackie made mention of Dick’s integrity. I find that highly significant for a spouse to make that comment. It was Dick’s integrity that attracted me to him. You could count on him for an honest response to any serious subject or question. I believe his days as a reporter influenced his writing in making every word count. His Blogs and posts on this forum were also laced with humor and often used to diffuse a tense situation.

Dick’s lack of a formal education did not deter him from learning. He was highly educated from the school of life. His wisdom was evident on numerous subjects that evolved from a life of experience and hard work.

Normandy 1944, was the most honest book of the war that I ever read. My second reading provided me with greater insight about the man. I feel fortunate to have an autographed copy of his book that I cherish.

Sometimes people come along that touch our lives in a special way. Dick Stodghill was such a person. His memory will continue to inspire others through his writings. As authors, our written word will continue to live after we are gone. We can only hope that what we write will benefit someone, even in a small way, by providing entertainment or a bit of knowledge.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:06 am

Abe,

All of your words about Dick these last few days have been heartfelt, effective, and expressive of the grief we all feel.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:28 am

I agree about the article. Somehow, reading it helps with the process of accepting the reality of his passing. I thought it was well done, a lot said with an efficiency of words.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:45 am

And Jackie's words reflect her love and admiration for Dick.

Good words from you Abe.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:22 am

Abe I am so glad you started this thread, and to see the tributes here. I wonder what Dick would have to say about the tributes to him here, seeing as how he didn't want an obituary. I sense a soft chuckle.

I've missed you guys, and we will all miss Dick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Charlie Moore wrote:
My deepest sympathies are extended to Jackie Stodghill and to all of Dick's family and friends at this sad time. Dick probably had no idea how many people he positively influenced during his final years. I was one of those people.

Charlie

You have got that right. He gave me some tips which I will never forget. Small tips but I still am a better writer for it.
I am 16 and I live in Scotland - he has been a great man, he reached a teenager from Scotland.

Even though I never knew him at all, it saddens me that he is gone.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Dear Incognito,
Put your name here. Some words about your work that make you a real person to talk to. Your own picture would be nice, too.
What you are writing about. Fill in the gaps.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dick Stodghill has passed away   Dick Stodghill has passed away - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dick Stodghill has passed away
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2