Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Materials for Advertising

Go down 
+4
flashgordon
Pam
Jenny
Sue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Materials for Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 am

What advertising materials do you use?

Bookmarks
Postcards
Pens
Magnets
Flyers
???

How do you obtain them (make yourself, purchase online, purchase locally, etc.)?
Back to top Go down
Jenny
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Jenny

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:42 am

Sue,

I've used bookmarks and postcards. I've also had business cards printed up to hand out at conferences. I've made both postcards and bookmarks myself, using Microsoft word and publisher. I've also had some printed professionally too, by Vistaprint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 6:54 pm

Go pro Sue, all the way. I have done them at home, but the quality of picture was far better from the print shop. I got some from the publisher (blech) and had others that my daughter did in photoshop that we emailed to the local print shop, which are still my favourites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Thank you for your suggestions and input!! I really appreciate it!

I have checked out vistaprint and now am trying to decide if I should have them do just the postcards or do the postcard marketing. I know Elizabeth Hagen has send outs via postcards all the time. They are printed postcards with address label stickers and regular stamps. Then I get from Steve Harrison ones that look like they are not only printed but mailed from the same place.

I do my own brochures, business cards, and probably, now, my own magnets for hand outs at the signings. I do my own bookmarks, thanks to Shelagh's help. She created some for me and I place them in autographed book orders and book signings.

Again thank you for all the help!

sunny
Back to top Go down
flashgordon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 11:31 am

I use flyers that I print direct from file at Office Depot - don't use the xerox but ask them to print them from your file (which you bring in). The quality is excellent.

I use postcards that I print at Vista Print. Every week they send me an email with free promos in it. I just have to pay printing. So, I can get 250 high quality color postcards for just the cost of shipping.

That is it, everything else has not panned out for the cost after the initial mailing promo pack that I send to bookstores and reviewers.
Back to top Go down
http://newgreatbooks.blogspot.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 11:47 am

Materials for Advertising 572534 Thanks, Peter, I appreciate your input. I was wondering if I could do that with the Office Depot thing. That is the best way to go. Saves on ink on my machine and gives a better quality I would think.

Thanks again!
Materials for Advertising 572534
Back to top Go down
Karina Kantas
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Karina Kantas

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 1:31 am

I use business card and book marks. And I design and print them out myself.
Very cheap and very effective.

Just mentioning free bookmark, to the tourists I sell to and I have a sale. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.urbanhype101.wordpress.com
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:44 am

When Ten Times Guilty was published in 2005, I went to great expense to have the printshop I'd used for my editing business cards print cards about my novel. I found that most people toss them. BUT people love bookmarks and keep them around. So that's what I do now.

At the time, Vista Print didn't offer bookmarks so after a lot of searching I found what consider the best price and quality at Online Print House. Their bookmarks are top quality with color on both sides and the most reasonable prices.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 9:59 am

Wow!Materials for Advertising 986286 Lots of good ideas and options offered here. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 11:28 am

Thank you to all of you for the wonderful posts! Yes, Zada, there are a lot of good ideas and options here! sunny
Back to top Go down
jck200
One Star Member
One Star Member
jck200

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:44 am

Hi,

If you print out some small images you can attach them to all your mail and parcels...eventually just seeing your cover on an envelope or parcel will become well known.

People are curious after a while and don`t forget all the people in the postal service who handle these get to see the cover.

john
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 5:46 am

Ah, Good idea John. I would venture to guess that it might be possible to have your book cover photo added to return address stickers, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:30 am

More great ideas, John and Zada! I had thought of the return address stickers, but not about the others. I have some full page label paper that you can put pics on anywhere on the sheet (through a word doc), print them out, peel, and stick. Materials for Advertising 78793 for the ideas!!!!!
sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Materials for Advertising   Materials for Advertising Empty

Back to top Go down

Materials for Advertising
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Information-
Jump to: