Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Picking Names for Characters

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Picking Names for Characters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking Names for Characters   Picking Names for Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:20 pm

It just happened again. I clicked on Information to read what Domenic has posted on that thread and here I am on Stodghill Says So as if by magic.

Perhaps Dick just wanted to let Domenic know he read his message here.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Picking Names for Characters   Picking Names for Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:06 pm

I miss him.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10720
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Picking Names for Characters   Picking Names for Characters - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:15 am

I had a strange vision. I imagined Dick floating on a cloud, with his legs crossed, smoking his pipe. I imagine if he is able to see us, (that is pure speculation) then he is smiling. His memory lingers.
Back to top Go down
Dalwin_ND

Dalwin_ND

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Picking Names for Characters   Picking Names for Characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 9:55 pm

I usually find myself wanting more variety than either the local phonebook or my imagination provide. I tend to choose a nationality and then search the internet for first or last names that fit the bill. You always get a good list to choose from and just pick one that catches your eye.

For example, the government agent in my most recent work is named Bill Trzcinski. All I had to decide was that he was an American of Polish ancestry and the rest fell into place.
Back to top Go down
slb
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
slb

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Picking Names for Characters   Picking Names for Characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 pm

I have a certain list from where I pick most of my names. I'm still waiting for someone to guess the correct list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stephenbrayton.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picking Names for Characters   Picking Names for Characters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Picking Names for Characters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Stodghill Says So-
Jump to: