Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Deleted

Go down 
+7
Rhymer
RunsWithScissors
zadaconnaway
dkchristi
alice
Domenic Pappalardo
Phil
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Deleted   Deleted EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Phil on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:31 pm

I understand the Governments want to replace paper money with a New World Order Money card.
Once they do that...they will have complete control of everyone.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:59 pm

I hate banks!

They take your money--use it to make money and call all the shots concerning your money.

Dave and I bought a house and moved to England for a bit in 2006. We had an American credit card.

Before we left I had the presence of mind to call the credit card company ad tell them to note we would be in the UK for the next three months.

Even though the balance was fully paid each month, they would decline my purchases at the mosy incovenient times--when there was a long line of people etc.,

Finally one day I called them and made inquiry concerning the notice I had given them--they had no record of it. Deleted 798629 Deleted 798629 Deleted 798629

Last edited by Alice on Fri May 22, 2009 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyWed May 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Remember those checks from the credit card companies that you shred and throw away because they are a cash advance at an exhorbitant rate and a service charge? Well, I made a mistake and held onto them awhile. I had a repairman whose bill was exactly $100; I was out of my regular checks, and I grabbed the "credit card check."

I banked with that bank since its inception of credit cards, Bank of America, probably 50 years. I had a high line of credit and only used the credit card occasionally. It was my "ace in the hole."

I'm not good at opening mail except what looks important. Since I always shred those bank checks I quickly forgot that I used one and all my credit cards were paid up. After a couple months of mail, I opened my B of A statement. My credit card was cancelled. I was two months late in paying the $100.00. Oh, I also owed $88.00 in interest and late payment fees.

When I called, they were ruthless. They "might" reinstate $500 and a new credit card after I paid the $188.00. I think the credit line was previously enough to buy a small car at least.

I think I had that card since the 70's. I could look, but I was so ticked I scissored it to smitherines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyWed May 20, 2009 6:47 pm

I have no outstanding amounts owed, so it is easy to check my account balances every month when I pay my other bills. The banks have been changing many people's rates and limits, so I have been waiting for it to happen. It hasn't yet, but I am not counting on it. I hang onto my cards in case of emergency, but can usually avoid even thinking about useing a credit card.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyWed May 20, 2009 7:14 pm

I've had two credit card companies cancel my cards because I haven't charged on them in over a year. They both had $10,000 spending limits. I called the companies and asked why they were canceling my cards when I have such a high credit score (775, not that anyone cares). They said that since I hadn't used my card in a year they were within their rights to close my account. The real reason: they weren't making any money off of me since I wasn't carrying a balance.

As it turns out, these two credit card companies were bought out by Chase about a year or so ago. I think the coincidence is quite telling.
Back to top Go down
Rhymer
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Rhymer

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:36 am

My wife and me carry only one credit card. The available line of credit is very large. The interst rate for the cards is 6.3% should we elect to use them. The interest has never changed. The company (Visa) has sent us messages saying they were going to raise the interest rate. When they do my calls and tells them if the interst rate is going to be raised then cancell the cards. We have had these Visa cards foe years with the same rate and they haven't been cancelled. Go figure. I did not mean to imply we never use the cards. We do just not on a regular basis. we utilize it for hotel reservations, emegencies etc but we are always quick to pay off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/abcedit
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:37 am

Having a credit card is a necessity in America. Try renting a car without one. I canceled all my cards except for one to use "just in case." I occasionally make a charge to it to keep it active. My high credit balance was reduced as well. I think that is prudent on the part of the banks. Having a high line of credit that is not used is senseless.
Even with a high credit balance, if you charge an unusual large amount, it may not be honored. That happened to me. They have flags that will stop the approval of a charge if it does not conform to your normal charges. I suppose that would stop anyone trying to use $36,000 in one charge and skip out.
In any event, with what has happened in the credit market, they are being more cautious and that is good business.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:45 am

I hate to carry cash.

A purse snatcher would be better served to sell the purse than to try to get anywhere on the cash.

Nobody wants a check so a credit card works for me. If someone gets hold of your pin and bank debit card they can enpty your bank account.

I consider the credit card charges a cost of doing busines safely.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:48 pm

I, too, have just one card and pay it in full every month if there is anything to pay. The credit card companies are leeches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:54 pm

I love my credit cards. Used properly, they're terrific tools. I put everything I can on them to get rewards points. I've redeemed these points for free luxury hotel stays, airline tickets, Tumi briefcases, a sterling silver Mont Blanc pen/pencil set and more. I regularly get 0% interest offers for balance transfers and take them up on it. When I have a problem with a merchant, they take my side until it's resolved. What's not to love?

I don't have sympathy for complaints about fees. Don't want to pay late fees? Simple, don't pay your bills late. Not their fault you "forgot." Their terms of service discuss the conditions under which they'll raise interest rates or lower credit limits. Read 'em. Yes, sometimes they'll decline a charge, but with rampant fraud they have to. I call them on my cell and it gets processed. Etc.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:38 pm

It must be nice to be perfect. I made one mistake with a credit card I had since the 70's. I'm a monthly paid up person; I abhor paying late fees so I pay everything on time, some things in advance because I travel. One mistake and no more card. I guess by the perfection model, I deserved to have the card cancelled. By the model of life that I follow, it's a good business practice to look at the whole picture, not just one moment in time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:03 pm

DK,

They were looking for an excuse. Unless yon have a bank accoumt with the credit card company they have nothing to gain havng you as a customer.

They want to charge interest etc.,
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:18 pm

DK,
I can feel for you in this. When my son graduated from college, I ordered a replica of Napoleon's sword as a gift. It cost $1500. The sword never arrived but the charge on my credit card did. I disputed the cost. I asked them to provide proof of delivery. They could not. They still sent me dun notices and finally it was given over to a collection agency. I finally had enough and threatened them with a law suit for harassment. They stopped but my credit was severely tainted since they had placed a "no pay" in my credit file. After many letters of explanation, it was finally removed.

It is not always a mistake on our part but it can be a mistake on the part of the credit card company that can affect us. Guilt or innocence appears to be the responsibility of the accused - not the accuser.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:21 am

Abe,

Your credit card was supposed to help you,. The credit card companies reverse the charge until the merchant can furrnish proof of the transaction.

Last edited by Alice on Sat May 23, 2009 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:41 am

I like credit cards. They save carrying cash or writing checks. I also have a debit card I use for groceries, so it is easy to keep track. My husband and I each have our own bank accounts and our own credit cards, to save arguments. Mine is paid off monthly 90% of the time.

My mother was supplementing her income with credit cards. She kept this a secret for a long time as she was too proud to ask for help, and when she finally did I provided for her. It would have cost a lot less if she had asked sooner before paying all those interest fees.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:00 am

dkchristi wrote:
By the model of life that I follow, it's a good business practice to look at the whole picture, not just one moment in time.

Well, DK, maybe they were following the philosophy in your sig. All they know is in this moment, lol.

I've made occasional late payments and was charged a fee. Each time I called and asked them to remove it. As a courtesy, they did.

Abe -any merchant who ships something of that value always asks for a signature. That merchant didn't, yet still put it up for collection? Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:38 am

LC,
That was my point. They said it was delivered by UPS. I asked them to provide proof - a signature that it was delivered. They couldn't, and it ran the way I mentioned. That was in 1985. I don't recall all the details and they may not have had the "disputed charges" in place they way they do today. At least on the credit report it should have stated, "Charges disputed."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Empty

Back to top Go down

Deleted
Page 1 of 1