Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The weakened Dollar

Go down 
+3
Shelagh
George Maciver
Abe F. March
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The weakened Dollar Empty
PostSubject: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:50 am

Today, $1.50 will buy one Euro. And to think that in December 1999, the Euro was par with the dollar. It took just two terms in office to change that.
The price of oil has reached $100 a barrel. Guess who’s paying the high price? The Americans. The base price for a barrel of oil is not the cause for the high price since the market determines the price and the oil companies have enjoyed record profits. War and uncertainty about the flow of oil affects the price.
That means that while Americans pay $100 for a barrel of oil, those paying with the Euros would pay about 67 Euros for the same barrel. So who’s to blame for the high price at the pumps? We have to pay more because our dollar doesn’t buy as much. Who caused the dollar to weaken? Who keeps borrowing more money? Who keeps printing more? It’s a vicious cycle. There is a hole in the Dike and the hole keeps getting bigger as it erodes. To plug up the hole the first thing we need to do is stop the flow of money into the bottomless pit in Iraq. That’s where it must begin. Until or unless that happens, the hole in the Dike will get bigger until the Dike breaks.
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 2:44 am

Hi Abe, interesting thoughts. Have you noticed the entire Western world now thinks Muslims are our enemy and that we're at war with Muslims? Like the oil and dollar and war scenario you've stated, is this really the case?

For example, where do all these Muslims we're fighting get their weapons and training? There are literally thousands of refugee camps dotted all over the world which, to all intents and purposes, are nothing more than terrorist training camps. It's easy to see this and it's easy to point at this and say Muslims are the problem. But is this the case?

Take a step back and look again? Who built and who runs all these terrorist . . . sorry, refugee camps? The United Nations. That's what they do with 'humanitarian' aid. They take our money, which we give them thinking they're doing great things, they build terrorist training camps in Muslim countries and educate them to blow their guts out over people in market places and on buses. It is UN run schools that teach Palestinian children that Israelis are pigs.

So what is the problem? Muslims? Or the UN? With all respect to Muslims, among whom I have many friends, they don't have the sophistication or the education to pose any kind of threat to world stability. They are merely a sword in the hand of our real enemy.

One World isn't actually a novel, it's a behind the scenes look, an expose of what's really behind world terrorism.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:46 am

I think you should read one another's books!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:47 am

Good morning Shelagh!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:50 am

Morning George! How are you?
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:44 am

I'm going to start a collection of ebooks. Much easier to lug around, for one thing.
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:55 am

Speaking of gas prices and the drivers (excuse the pun) behind them, the higher the price of gas gets, the happier I am to work at home. Personally, I would like to see the mess end in the middle east any day now. Not just because I have friends there putting their necks out everyday, but because I would really like to see world peace. Truly. Not that I am optimistic, and not that I want any one country to be in charge; peace at that cost is not peace, it's just a cease fire. And it's not going to be easy, either. I was proud that Canada has committed to extend their commitment to Afghanistan, because I hate the thought of us leaving anything half done (and undone).
Plus I would love to be able to jet over to the middle east and spend a few dollars of my own on some beautiful fabric and jewelery and hang out on all sides of the Meditteranean exploring and experiencing the people and the language and, as you know we seem to get to in just about every thread...the food. The weakened Dollar 402987
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:27 am

George,
you have some interesting comments. No, Muslims are not the problem. The real problem, whether people will accept it or not, is the stalemate in the Middle East that continues to fester. It has caused the world oil embarge as well as most other rifts between Muslim countries and the western world. We want to enforce UN Resolutions on most everyone except when it comes to Israel. Of the 65 UN Resolution against Israel for its flagrant violations of international law, not one has been enforced, and then we wonder why we are labeled as biased. How can we function as impartial brokers of peace?
Yes, this is a sensitive subject and most are afraid to make any statement for fear of acquiring labels of being anti-semetic. One of the freedoms I still cherish is my freedom of speech. If I am condemned for speaking the truth, then condemn me.
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:30 am

Hi Abe

I have friends who are Muslims, I have friends who are Israeli, I have friends who are Americans, I have friends who are Chinese, I have friends from Russia, I have military friends, I even have friends who were terrorists. People are just people and they all do what they do because they believe it is the truth.

It is those who teach them their truths that are the problem.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Today's problems are no different to problems throughout history. The tiny groups of islands we inhabit have been attacked for centuries and we have a rich language to use in our books and novels because of the marauding invaders who brought with them their culture and their language.

Today's terrorists are yesterday's invaders. You won't stop it or control it because, like Hydra, if you cut off one head, another grows back in its place.
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Good observation. But it takes time for the heads to grow back so I'm all for lopping them off rather than giving them jobs as politicians . . .
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Past my bedtime George ... you won't get any more sense out of me tonight ...
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 am

You do realise you left yourself wide open with that last remark? But would I do that to you?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 2:17 am

Yes! I know you don't get any sense out of me anytime! I would have laughed! Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:32 am

I started this thread based on the weakened dollar and it seems to have wound up on world terrorism.
George, I don't think we see eye to eye on world terrorism. It just didn't happen and the UN didn't cause it. However there is a reason - a cause, and until that is addressed people will continue to point fingers and the fires will continue to spread.
I too have met people from many cultures and religions. Most of them are acquaintances, and a few of them friends.
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:38 am

As far as I'm concerned the UN is a terrorist organisation that disarms the good guys, pens them up and then stands back and grins while they are murdered by the bad guys. All in a good cause of course, so they maintain. I will never bow to the gods of one world governance and the mafia crime lords that run it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 7:01 am

George,
I was right. We do disagree. I think if the UN didn't exist it should be created. Where else is there a forum where people can at least talk about problems rather than taking matters into their own hands?
It is not perfect, but unless or until someone comes up with something better, we can be thankful that it does exist.
Some of those so-called good guys are often the bad guys in disguise. Talking or reasoning is far better than shooting. The use of force should be a last resort.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 7:57 am

I agree Abe but how do you deal with a problem the size of Africa, where guns are readily available but there's no money (weakened dollar or not) to buy food, and money sent to buy food is used to buy arms?

Last edited by Shelagh on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:15 am

This piece was written by an Australian SAS soldier who served in Rwanda as part of a UN 'peacekeeping' force. There are many, many broken soldiers in the world who have experienced similar. Seems too coincidental to me that everywhere there is genocide, the systematic murder of whole races of people, the UN is right in the middle of it.

We stood among the dead and wounded. We stood with our symbols of world peace on our blue helmets and our representation of humanity on our shoulders. We looked and tried to comprehend what we saw before us. My boots were covered in human faeces and everywhere I looked babies lay next to their mothers who had been murdered during the night. Through the smell and the stench and the people shoulder to shoulder, came a young girl, no older than seven. On her back was her baby brother and in her arms was her baby sister. She had walked over many dead bodies to speak to these saviours with the UN helmets on their tired and unshaven heads. As she looked up at me with tears in her eyes and with an empty water bottle in her hand, I had to tell her to return from where she came from.

I do not understand what I am doing here or how the world can know and yet we can or will do nothing. This uniform means nothing to me now, for I have watched a man as he was shot three times, not twenty metres in front of me, and I could do nothing. Why? Because of politics and lack of power to back me up. We carted out the dead and wounded and they treated only those who would stand a chance of survival. The murderers who commited this attrocity stand free next to me and laugh as I treat a three year old with machete wounds. I am angry and I cannot comprehend.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:32 am

So your conclusion is that it is the UN's fault?

I saw the same things in Lebanon. I saw dead bodies of women and children, crimes committed by a friend of America. And at that time, the reporters who wrote stories about it, did not get published.
It is different today. At least the stories get published, but the acts of genocide and murder continue and someone somewhere will find an excuse to justify it.
I've seen too much killing to support anyone or any country whose solution is to resort to violence. Sorry George. Perhaps I just have too much respect for human life.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 am

I followed Jenny's e-book link and found this book listed as an e-book:
Culture Warrior
By: O'Reilly, Bill
Published By: Broadway Books

The excerpt from the book begins:

Quote :
At times you have to fight. No way around it. At some point, every one of us is confronted with danger or injustice. How we choose to combat that challenge is often life-defining. You can face difficulties head-on, or run from them, or ignore them until they consume you. But no one escapes conflict. No one.

You can read the rest of the excerpt here:

http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=257868
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:45 am

And one more thing. The UN is America, the UK, Russia, China, etc., etc. The UN troops are mandated as to what they can and can’t do. In most cases they are strictly observers. They may carry a gun but can use it only in self-defense. So because they have to stand by and watch atrocities happen, you are saying it is the fault of the UN?
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:56 am

The UN is not America, nor is the UN the UK. The origins of the UN is rooted in communism, which was founded by Adam Weishaupt, a Jesuit priest. The Council on Foreign Relations and the Royal Institute of International Affairs do not qualify as being America or the UK, they are secret societies who work behind the scenes in the shadows, manipulating their agendas without our knowledge, herding us to the gas chambers of their new world order.

When the UN was founded, Americans and British would not have worked with the communists in either Russia or China.

I'm of the opinion that China is an occupied country and that America would be better served by assisting the genuine Chinese government in Taiwan back into power in the country which was stolen from them by the same people who control the UN.

People are waking up and if they open their eyes wide enough to be able to see what is really going on in this world, the rope and the electric chair will both be brought back into hasty service and used with a vengeance.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 10:10 am

Early in World War II, the representatives of nine European governments fled to London. Nazi Germany had conquered much of Europe and had driven these leaders from their homelands. Representatives of Britain and the Commonwealth nations met in London with leaders of Belgium, Czechoslovakia, France, Greece, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, and Yugoslavia. On June 12, 1941, all these nations signed a declaration pledging to work for a free world, where people could live in peace and security. This pledge, usually called the Inter-Allied Declaration, was the first step toward building the UN.
The Atlantic Charter followed the Inter-Allied Declaration by two months. It was signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt of the United States and Prime Minister Winston Churchill of Britain. The Atlantic Charter expressed their hope for a world where all people could live free from fear and need. It also expressed their intention to seek eventual disarmament and economic cooperation.
On Jan. 1, 1942, representatives of 26 nations signed the Declaration by United Nations. This was the first official use of the words United Nations. The declaration approved the aims of the Atlantic Charter and was later signed by 21 other nations.
On Oct. 30, 1943, representatives of Britain, China, the Soviet Union, and the United States signed the Moscow Declaration on General Security. This declaration approved the idea of an international organization for preserving world peace. A month later, Roosevelt, Churchill, and Premier Joseph Stalin of the Soviet Union met at Teheran, Iran. The three men declared that they recognized the responsibility of all the United Nations to achieve lasting peace.
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 10:19 am

I guess it's time for an excerpt from One World!

‘Adam Weishaupt, on orders from his superiors, founded the Illuminati on May 1st, 1766. Their aim was the formation of a one world government and to this end they devised a new concept in political thinking – Communism. Weishaupt and the Jesuits were the brains, Rothschild the money, behind the Masonic Jacobin clubs that sprang up all over France just prior to, and which fomented and were responsible for, the French Revolution.

In 1785, one of Weishaupt’s men was struck and killed by lightning and important documents fell into the hands of the Bavarian government. They immediately ordered the Police to raid the headquarters of the Illuminati in Germany and Weishaupt fled for his life. Illuminati became a dirty word and they went underground. Some time later they changed their name to the League of the Just and had a notable man join them – Karl Marx. In 1842 Marx was commissioned to update the writings of Weishaupt. The Communist Manifesto appeared in 1843 and the Illuminati again changed their name, this time to the League of Communists. In the 1890s, a certain Vladimir Ulyanov joined them and travelled to Russia on an American passport.’

‘Who?’

‘Ulyanov. He later changed his name to Lenin. The British Police tried to stop him, but the Illuminati in the States, under the influence of Albert Pike, had grown strong. Using the same principles they’d learned in France, the Illuminati overthrew the Tsar and founded the first Communist superpower. They’ve been systematically overthrowing kingdoms and governments and exterminating millions ever since.’

‘And the UN?’

‘After the First World War and their success in Russia, the Illuminati again changed their name, this time to the League of Nations, with its headquarters in Geneva. Believing that a war-ravaged earth would be easy prey, they made their first attempt to form a one world government. However, the American President at the time, Woodrow Wilson, who was one of the Illuminati, failed to get the two-thirds majority he needed to ratify the treaty. Undaunted, the Illuminati acquired a prime site along the East River in New York – donated to them incidentally by John D Rockefeller – built their new headquarters on it and changed their name yet again – this time to the United Nations.’

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weakened Dollar   The weakened Dollar Empty

Back to top Go down

The weakened Dollar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next