Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Publishers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Publishers Empty
PostSubject: Publishers   Publishers EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 am

Hi

I have asked a few questions and have got good responses. Thanks to people who have replied. I am kind of new to the world of publishing and am just a writer that is wanting, hoping and dreaming to get some books out there. Or more books.

I have another query, I live in the UK. Is it wise to approach a publisher outside the country. Or is it normal to do this?
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Publishers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Publishers   Publishers EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:58 am

Most large publishing houses will have offices in this country to but there are a lot of smaller publishers that don't. If it is the smaller ones that you wish to approach then I would think that you would have too. If your work is good enough the publisher won't be put off by where you stay, so go get them. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Publishers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Publishers   Publishers EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 12:19 pm

There are several people here in the U. K. who can provide better answers that I can. Looking at it from the perspective of the U.S., most people say that unknown writers here will have a much harder time getting a novel accepted in Canada or the U.K. than they will here.

Most Canadian publishers tend to want to pick Canadian authors first; those in the U.K. might feel that way, too.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Jenny
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Jenny

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Publishers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Publishers   Publishers EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 12:32 pm

I Live in the UK, but my publisher is in the USA for the simple reason that the genre I write for sells more books in the USA than it does here in the UK. However, that didn't stop me from submitting to British Agents. It just so happened that my book was accepted by a US publisher.

I guess the answer is do your research, then decide whether to submit to UK agents or US agents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Publishers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Publishers   Publishers EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:00 am

Hello to everyone here.

How are we doing?

I want to ask something. Again it is about amazon. I read that there will be author page on there. ? ok.

No my profile has still not been updated!

Also, there is a section where you can update product info. So does that mean anybody can go in and update a product info. ?????

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Publishers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Publishers   Publishers Empty

Back to top Go down

Publishers
Page 1 of 1