Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

book details update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

book details update Empty
PostSubject: book details update   book details update EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:41 am

Hi, I just found this forum. It looks great and am pleased that there are forums like this to support writers.

I have a question that published authors can help me with. Authors will probably have their books put on amazon. I have published a book and it can be found on the amazon website. But I am waiting for book details and author profile to be updated. I have was told that it will get updated by whatever is on the book.

It has not been updated yet but I was told it will, but not been given a timescale.

could someone tell me how long this takes?
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 am

It can take up to 8 weeks but you could post a review if you are registered with Amazon and bought something from them. Use the review to post the synopsis of your book so people can tell what the book is about, at the same time add any reviews you have recieved from others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:02 am

Thanks for your reply. It has been around a month so I will check from time to time. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:08 am

Hi

The details has not been updated still. So not sure what is going on. I dont know why it takes so long to update a website. Can some one give a view on this?

I havent been on here for a while so will be having a look around the forum.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:12 am

Have you contacted Amazon support about the issue? They may be able to shed some light for you. Or you could also check with your publisher.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:26 pm

I have told the publisher and they say it is in process of an update. They told me in the beginning that it would take around 2-4 weeks. Its been over 2 month. So not sure wos going on? If it takes longer, I will try amazon support.

Anyone else have experience of this?

Thanks for the reply zadaconnaway
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 am

Who is your publisher, if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:36 am

My publisher is howtobooks

I contacted amazon and they said that my publisher is with advantage program (?) and they should contact them.
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:47 am

I believe that the advantage program is for resellers or third party sellers to make available their wares on Amazon. So for that reason I would think that the fault does lay with HowToBooks. I may be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:48 am

They did explain to me a couple months ago that the changes take time. So I may contact them later. I got a feeling they are just going to say it is still in process.
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:30 am

Hi its me again

I posted this same message but i cant remember where i posted it. so i cant see the replies. or do i get an email. sorry i forgotten.

yeah, it was changin product info on amazon. It seems that any customer can go in and change product info..is that right?

And no my profile still not updated. So annoying!

Oh how is is everyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: book details update   book details update Empty

Back to top Go down

book details update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Information-
Jump to: