Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Art of Asking and Receiving

Go down 
+2
Brenda Hill
Preacher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-04-21

The Art of Asking and Receiving Empty
PostSubject: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:36 am

My new book, The Art of Asking and Receiving, will be released around mid-August. Below is a synopsis of my book:

Often we pray to God, seeking for certain answers or asking Him to meet our needs in life. Many times it seems that God is far away and is not listening to our prayers. Too often many people become discouraged and lose focus on God because they do not receive answers to their prayers or it seems that the answers are slow in coming. We, as born again Christians, are always beset by doubts of our own worthiness to receive God’s blessings. We are not necessarily uncertain that God can make miracles, only that He might not consider us worthy to receive them. Sometimes, we pray with high expectations and low patience, prayers like, "Give me patience Lord, and give it to me right now!"

This book answers those questions and settles the uncertainty. E. Richard Bridgeforth, Sr. shows us not only how to pray, but also how to believe in what we pray, and how much God loves us and wants to answer our prayers. Now we can be certain we are ready for God to hear us.

Alissa Dunn, author of The Unclaimed Christmas Gift says, "I believe that every word written in this book was carefully prayed over by E. Richard Bridgeforth, Sr. before even putting it onto paper. He is a man with an incredible desire to serve God, and he is very careful to ask for God’s wisdom and blessing before speaking or writing."

Thank you and may God bless!

Preacher
Back to top Go down
http://www.wpom.org
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:19 am

Congratulations on your new book, Richard, and welcome. Or would you prefer to be called Preacher?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 am

Congratulations, Richard/Preacher/Richard Bridgeforth, Sr, and welcome to our group.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Brenda Hill wrote:
Congratulations on your new book, Richard, and welcome. Or would you prefer to be called Preacher?

Thank you, Brenda.

You can call me by either name. Most people who know me have been calling me "Preacher" because of the fact that I am a minister and that I often talk about the Lord. So it really doesn't matter to me.

Another bit of good news: I went to speak to the owner of a "store front" building in town today about the possibility of getting the building for a street ministry. The building will be used for Chapel services and for one-on-one ministering. We will also have some sandwiches and hopefully soup to service once in a while and perhaps some watermelons when they become available.

It looks like the owner is willing to allow me the use of this building and the equipment that is still there from a previous ministry that walked out and quit. I have an appointment with him tomorrow at 5:30PM to talk about the arrangements. I believe that God has opened a door for this to come about and it looks as though I will finally be pastoring my first church, or at least a chapel, that will be called Soul's Harvest.

Also, I want to thank zadaconnaway for the welcome.

God bless!
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Congratulations on your book! I look forward to reading it!
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:17 pm

You may not remember, but we spoke a bit over a year ago on another board - at least I think it was a year ago. I put you in touch with someone else, won't go into that, but I'm glad you're doing well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Welcome, Richard. It is good to see you here.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Exciting news about the book and the street ministry!
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Carol! How are you doing? I have been praying a lot for you as the last I heard, you were having some medical problems. I pray that you are doing fine.

Brenda, yes, I remember all that. I used to write to the lady you put me in contact with. We wrote to each other for quite some time, but she stopped emailing me. The last two emails I sent her went unanswered, so I felt that she just did not want to write any longer. Anyway, she was very helpful to me in that she gave me words of encouragement during the time we wrote after my wife passed away. That first year after losing my wife was a real hard time for me. It is somewhat better now because I stay busy all the time and have a lot of things going on in ministry. But with the friends who have encouraged me and with God's help, I have been able to sort of get on with my life.

Thank you Sue and merrihiatt. My new book is a small book, only about 50 or so pages, but I believe it will be a book that will be well received, especially for those interested in learning how to pray and receive answers to their prayers.

I pray that y'all have a wonderful and blessed day!
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Richard,

I am doing well. Thank you for your prayers.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

PostSubject: Taking Pre-Orders   The Art of Asking and Receiving EmptyFri May 01, 2009 8:28 am

I just wanted to inform you that I am now taking pre-orders for my book, The Art of Asking and receiving. If you would like to be added to the pre-order list, please let me know.

When the book becomes available, which should be in mid-August, I will notify you of the cost of the book, which will include S/H charges, and you can send payment for it at that time. The book will be mailed to you and you should receive it within 4 to 6 weeks after I receive payment.

Thank you and God bless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Asking and Receiving   The Art of Asking and Receiving Empty

Back to top Go down

The Art of Asking and Receiving
Page 1 of 1