Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Curses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mjgoodnow
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
mjgoodnow

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Curses Empty
PostSubject: Curses   Curses EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:28 am

Sometimes when a writer writes that epic novel or series, sometimes that project can befall a curse. It has the ability to bring happiness or even terror to those that write it or consequently read it. I have talked to many people who thought their work was cursed and or had some type of magic to it.

I do not mean cursed by its deadly sense but just maybe the fear of being “dragged” inside of a book by the throat and not being able to escape. Or the fear of writing that story, because you are way too close to it to begin with. Sometimes even being glared at by your favorite pet in warning or your office being clouded by dancing shadows that would scare even the devil himself.

I know this isn’t a writer’s resource but just remember whatever you bring to world will come back to you. Remember in your writing you are growing a staple of sheep and you are their shepherd. Make sure you care for your flock in body, mind and spirit.

-MJ Goodnow
Back to top Go down
http://regimeguard.net
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Curses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curses   Curses EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:39 am

That was an interesting post, putting things in a new light, so to speak.

Sometimes I am a bit superstitious, that the book hasn't been published because there is something more that needs to be done, that the words aren't right in my mind yet, even that people are looking over my shoulder whispering words in my ears.

Sometimes authors sit down and write and look back and say, "where did that come from?"

Cursed was never something thought much about, but I'm looking forward to see what happens here.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Curses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curses   Curses EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:29 am

Wow!

People have described my novels as drawing the reader in ... but they do let the readers back out when they close the covers.

They are full of magic ... but I haven't noticed any pixie dust escaping from between the pages.

It is interesting, when I am writing, I get drawn into my stories. The places, emotions, characters are real to me. I see the places and things my characters see. I feel their emotions. And they surprise me all the time by doing and saying things I didn't even see coming.

Heh! I hope I am not supposed to be shepherding elves and fairies. They just don't allow that kind of control!
Back to top Go down
mjgoodnow
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
mjgoodnow

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Curses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curses   Curses EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 1:36 am

I think my prior post needs work. Maybe it shouldn't be called what I called it, it just thought it ought to be LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://regimeguard.net
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Curses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curses   Curses EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Good post, MJ. Thought provoking.
Back to top Go down