Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Roger Bowman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Roger Bowman Empty
PostSubject: Roger Bowman   Roger Bowman EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 1:37 pm

KVCR, a PBS station for Southern California, is running a three-month series on the impact of the financial crisis in The Inland Empire.

Each week a new focal topic has included experts from the financial markets, health care systems, teachers, and others to answer your live, call-in questions. Questions have included emergency assistance for families in financial crisis, hospital care for those with or without insurance, social security, and other topics concerning California
citizens.

Join local host, Roger Bowman, as he asks the experts how to survive, how to protect ourselves, and maybe even how to thrive financially during this uncertain time. The one-hour program, It's Your Call, airs Fridays at 7pm on KVCR, the Inland Empire PBS station, and broadcasts on channel 24 in Digital, DirecTV and Dish networks.

And my interest, other than that of a concerned citizen? I'm proud to say Roger is my son.

KVCR

Roger Bowman Roger_10_800x600
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10720
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Roger Bowman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger Bowman   Roger Bowman EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 11:01 pm

Brenda,
you must be very proud. Wish I could listen in.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Roger Bowman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger Bowman   Roger Bowman EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:24 am

Brenda,

Very successful and good looking guy!

(I can see the family resemblance.)

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Roger Bowman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger Bowman   Roger Bowman EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks, y'all. Embarassed

I'm so proud of him. He's studied and worked hard for everything he's achieved, always getting back up and trying harder when he's been knocked down. And there have been those times as well.

And of course I think he's a genius. He watches CNN and C-span for fun, while I love a good tearjerker movie. I research for what I need in a story, then afterward, forget half of what I've learned. He doesn't. His memory of details amaze me. He carefully researches the weekly topic of his shows and keeps the conversation going when his guests start to clam up. He's interested, almost, in everything - except some of my theories. He listened when he was a child, but now he simply rolls his eyes.

He spent six years in the military, loves ships and planes, sometimes dragging his protesting family along to tour a battleship or destroyer when he has the chance, or the WW2 planes on exibition at March AFB. His greatest thrill, no matter where he'd travelled, was when he had the opportunity to visit Gettysburg. He also walked Deeley Plaza in Dallas to see exactly how far the book depository is from the point where JFK was struck.

But I think I'm most proud of him because of his goodness and kindness to others.

So yes, any success he achieves, I think he's well-earned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12624
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Roger Bowman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger Bowman   Roger Bowman EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Carol Troestler wrote:
Brenda,