Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money Empty
PostSubject: Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money   Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:13 am

Excellent article.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money   Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:21 am

How would you know?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money   Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 pm

It's excellent because it's written by John Scalzi. Read about his credentials at the beginning. They speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money   Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Nobody's "credentials speak for themselves".

I see nothing to indicate that you are are capable in any way of knowing whether this is an "excellent" article or the usual idiocy you post here for whatever odd reason you keep doing that.
Back to top Go down
Ann C. Crispin
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money   Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm

I've known John Scalzi by reputation for years, but I met him for the first time last month at a conference in San Francisco. He's a very successful writer, and he's one of the most popular bloggers around -- so popular that companies pay him to blog.

I read through his advice, and found it quite practical. I do many of the things he recommends.

FWIW, I thought the article was right on. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

-Ann C. Crispin
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money   Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:52 pm

lin wrote:
Nobody's "credentials speak for themselves".

I see nothing to indicate that you are are capable in any way of knowing whether this is an "excellent" article or the usual idiocy you post here for whatever odd reason you keep doing that.

Do you have a problem with me? If so, send me a private message. I will not respond to your attacks on the forum.

The advice I post is good because it's written by people both respected and admired. They are not my creation. A little info goes a long way toward a happy and prosperous happy writing career.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money   Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:06 pm

No, the advice you put up is NOT good because it is selected by you, and you have pretty much shown yourself to be a liar and failure who has no idea what is involved in a "happy and prosperous writing career".

You came on here acting like an expert in pubishing, though the things you were saying didn't really quite add up to sounding like anybody with actual experience.

Then you were kind of unmasked as a poser and wanker.

Now you don't try to express any opinions, just dart in slapping up this linkbait spam from other people most of which is very lame.

Disinformation is never helpful, actually.

Nothing you have posted on this forum has made any real sense from the beginning, back when you were using some other guy's avatar and pretending to be something you aren't.

That clear it up for you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money   Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money Empty

Back to top Go down

Unasked For Advice For New Writers About Money
Page 1 of 1