Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Paralyzing ice and snow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Paralyzing ice and snow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paralyzing ice and snow   Paralyzing ice and snow - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:10 am

All I can say is the coldest, wettest, most miserable winter of my life was spent just outside Macon, Goergia.

Oh, there is one more thing I can say: the hottest, most humid, most miserable summer of my life was spent just outside Columbus, Georgia.

So why do I like Georgians (well, most of them) and have a warm spot in my heart for that land of red mud, grits and big snakes? Beats me.

By the way, today there is no snow and no ice on the ground in the Western Reserve Territory of Northeast Ohio. The temperature is a pleasant, stimulating 40 degrees. Can you folks down south beat that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Paralyzing ice and snow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paralyzing ice and snow   Paralyzing ice and snow - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:22 pm

We are hoping for cooler weather here...it has been in the seventies. Not exactly mulled cider temps.

I understand why someone accustomed to snow might be homesick for it.

Our bad weather here is in February. Nasty, cold, pissy stuff. By March, it starts to warm up.

Zada, north Florida is much prettier than the rest of the state. Esp. here in Tallahassee, we have huge Live Oak trees with Spanish moss. We have hills and loads of hardwood forests. It changes toward the coast to more pine and palmetto bushes. Still, there is beauty. Oh...and no tourists in mouse hats.

I do envy your snow. Cheers to all of you having white holidays!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com

Paralyzing ice and snow
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: