Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Fake sales numbers?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lcartei

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-12-17

Fake sales numbers? Empty
PostSubject: Fake sales numbers?   Fake sales numbers? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi everyone, I have a question for you. I have asked my publisher to tell me how many books I have sold and he gave me access to a portal that links directly to my ISBN, but it says I only sold 116 books in total (there are no specifics around kindle or amazon or bookstores, it’s a whole figure).
I am sure this can’t be, as I have tracked down most people who bought my book (between friends and Facebook followers) and it should be at least two or three times that figure.
Can publishers actually hide the correct number of sales? Is there a more official website I can check?
Thanks
Luisa
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Fake sales numbers?   Fake sales numbers? EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 10:13 am

You should have a separate ISBN for your ebook (kindle). The number of books sold is just print books.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Lcartei

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Fake sales numbers?   Fake sales numbers? EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi Shelagh thanks for your reply. My publisher gave me access to a link connected to that IBNS and just gave me a total number linked to that ISBN without specifying if it’s online, kindle or print. Hence my confusion. I would expected to have different numbers of sales for the different channels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake sales numbers?   Fake sales numbers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fake sales numbers?
Page 1 of 1