Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Anti-Semitism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Anti-Semitism Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Semitism   Anti-Semitism EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 10:47 pm

Anti-Semitism in the News with CNN special report.
The subject fails to address the question, why?  Why is this happening? We know that Jews are not a race, but a religion.  Religious wars are not a thing of the past, but being revived with the three major religions - Christianity, Judaism and Islam.  It is recognized that there are extremists in all these major religions that want to impose their dogma on others.  It is difficult to understand why “Christians” fail to adhere to the precepts of the New Testament as followers of Christ and instead revert to Old Testament precepts.
Children are said to ask the most questions - a process of learning.  For parents it can be frustrating when the child doesn’t always accept the answers given and asks, “Why”?  As I age, I find myself asking more questions seeking answers and I want to know “Why”.  Why is this happening?  What caused the problem?  Even when I am given an answer, whether it be from a person or from a search on the I-Net, I find myself questioning the source of the information.  A child reaches the stage when “because I said so” is not an acceptable answer.  Seeking truth is a never-ending process.
The media gravitates to sensationalism.  Numbers are a significant factor when reporting on the number of causalities in a given situation.  When the numbers are large such as in mass shootings, or the crash of an airplane, it gets attention.  There are Palestinians being killed on a daily basis.  How many have been killed since the creation of the State of Israel?   How many will die before the term “Holocaust” or “Genocide” is used?  Will that label be applied only in history books?  Will we hear “why didn’t they do something” as was used against the German population after WWII?
Then there is the number of 6 million Jews slaughtered by the Nazi regime.   Where did this number originate?  Round numbers are suspect, however if the number is questioned, those asking the question are labeled “anti-Semitic”.   Trying to silence people for having an opposing view appears to be an accepted norm, especially with political issues. Repetition of statements tend to be accepted as fact.
People around the world see what is happening in Palestine.  Many who speak out against the on-going atrocities are labeled “Anti-Semitic”.  Is this a form of intimidation?  It is difficult to separate the extremists – the Zionists, with Jews in general.  Although there are Jewish leaders that have spoken out against the actions of the Israeli government, their voices are few.  It appears that the once oppressed people have become the oppressors.  Actions speak loudly.  The land grab at the expense of the indigenous population cannot be ignored.  Who determines right from wrong?  This past week there was a church service for “atonement” -    Atonement for one’s sins.  I didn’t attend.  I don’t know what my sins are?  For what am I supposed to atone?  Who decides what a sin is?  Is it a biblical or a society thing?  I’m reminded of the American Indian that was being accosted by a Priest. The Priest told the Indian that what he was doing was a sin and that if he didn’t confess, he would go to hell.  The Indian asked, “What if I didn’t know it was a sin, would I still go to hell?”  The Priest said, “If you didn’t know, it would be okay.”  The Indian replied, “so why did you tell me”?
There are people that are supposed to feel guilty for the “sins” of their parents or ancestors.  I found this phenomenon in Lebanon where a man worked his entire life to pay off the debts of his father.  Some immigrants to America were held in bondage by the ship owners to pay off their fare.  The amount and length of bondage was often arbitrary and they worked as slaves until the debt was paid.  There is also the seemingly perpetual guilt placed on the German people for the actions or inaction of their ancestors during the Hitler regime.   Have the Americans been made to feel guilty for the Holocaust inflicted on the Native Americans by their ancestors?
Then there is the rule of laws that determine the consequences for murder and other crimes committed against society.  Society determines right from wrong. Taking revenge is a normal reaction that is not limited to the system of justice.  When I wrote my book, “They Plotted Revenge Against America”, the reviews I received were mixed.  I recall one in particular that accused me of being “Anti-Semitic”.  
Can the public rely on the news as being truthful or have they been tarnished by politics?  We are experiencing a very tough time in the US with issues concerning the environment, immigration as well as social programs affecting the elderly and the poor.  Expressing one’s view is important.  Sometimes it takes courage to speak about sensitive issues.  There is always a risk.  Saying nothing implies complicity.  
People who own hand guns tell me that they are prepared to take the life of another human since Hand guns are not used for hunting purposes.  Although society supports capital punishment, does taking the life of another human being to settle a score make it right?  An “eye for an eye” is Old Testament philosophy – ancient and barbaric.
My views are my own.  I continue to seek answers.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Anti-Semitism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Semitism   Anti-Semitism EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 1:56 pm

You won't find any answers, Abe. In1690, at the Battle of the Boyne, William of Orange, the Protestant King William III of England, defeated the Irish Catholics. This has never been forgotten, and orange parades take place every year, maintaining the divide between Catholics and Protestants. Northern Ireland has lived peacefully for twenty years, but sectarianism is still bubbling away under the surface. 

When asked about the status of "King Billy" in a documentary about the religious divide in Northern Ireland, a taxi driver raised his hand to shoulder height. "If God is here," he said in reference to the height of his hand, "then King Billy is here," as he raised the other hand above shoulder height. Three hundred and twenty-eight years after that victory, the Protestants still worship their hero. 

The prime minister of the UK has just  signed a draft withdrawal agreement with the EU, in which Northern Ireland is at risk of annexation from the rest of the UK. One of Northern Ireland's MPs said that, during the troubles, too many lives had been lost to protect the union of Northern Ireland and Great Britain, and allowing the EU to break up the UK would dishonour their sacrifice. So the fight goes on in memory of those who died. The same in Palestine.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Anti-Semitism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Semitism   Anti-Semitism EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 12:25 am

Shelagh, I agree with your assessment.  The issues have a religious foundation and that element is not easily erased.  I become frustrated to the point of throwing up my hands in surrender, however there is an inner-self that prompts me to resist.  The resistance is not against any particular people or dogma, but against the growing trend to use religion as a basis for government.
In Ron Kruger’s book, “A Higher Good”, he says:
“Hurt not others in that which you would find hurtful”- Buddhism.
“As you wish that men would do unto you, do so to them.” – Christianity
“Blessed is he who preferreth his brother before himself.” – Baha’I faith
“No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself.” – Islam
“That which is hateful unto you, do not impose on others.” – Judaism
“As thou deniist thyself, so deem others.” – Sikhism
“Regard your neighbor’s gains as your own gain and your neighbor’s loss as your loss.” – Taoism
“An ye harm none, do what ye will.” – Wicca
“That nature alone is good which refrains from doing unto another whatsoever is not good for itself.” – Zoroastrianism
“Do not onto others what you would not have them do unto you.” – Confucianism
Seems quite odd to me, however, that the gods many religions describe within their scriptures are incapable of this basic principle. Instead, they are like tyrannical “Lords” with a Medieval mentality, practicing genocide upon the living for disloyalty and casting people after death into fiery pits of eternal suffering. How can such a hypercritical deity expect better behavior from us than he does from himself?”
(As you can see from the above, Ron was a critical thinker.) 
Today, politicians “cherry-pick” scriptures to suit their agendas – appealing to their supporters.
There are those that want religion in government. The Constitution is the US law of the land.  Separation of church and state is clearly stated.   Even if religion was instituted, what religious dogma would they choose?  I’m reminded that many of the early immigrants to America did so to escape religious persecution where dogmas were forced on them.  Instead of enjoying this freedom, many worked to establish sectarian dogma in their new country.  I doubt that we will ever escape religion, however we can choose what we wish to believe.  No one can as yet read out thoughts, except for that of our wives/husbands.   Even with them we can still harbor inner-dark secrets. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anti-Semitism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Semitism   Anti-Semitism Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-Semitism
Page 1 of 1