Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Running for office

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Running for office Empty
PostSubject: Running for office   Running for office EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 2:30 am

I didn't know whether to post this under "comedy" or political.

Received an email this morning from the National Democratic Training Committee inviting me to run for office in Virginia.  They obviously didn’t check my age.  In January I’ll turn 80.  Many who like Bernie Sanders say that he’s too old to run, and I agree.  Although I like him and what he stands for, I believe that the pressures of the job would kill him.  At 76 years of age, he should be thinking or retiring.  Since I use my daughter’s address in Virginia as my voting address, I can understand their confusion.
If I were 15 years younger, I might consider running if nothing more to counter everything Trump.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Running for office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running for office   Running for office EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 3:23 am

Well, it's nice to be asked, Abe!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Running for office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running for office   Running for office EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 am

True Shelagh.  According to your statement "I shall never be old.  It doesn't suit me".   Being old doesn't suit me.  If I could reverse the process I'd be all set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running for office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running for office   Running for office Empty

Back to top Go down

Running for office
Page 1 of 1