Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Being a cat for a day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10720
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Being a cat for a day Empty
PostSubject: Being a cat for a day   Being a cat for a day EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 12:18 am

I read that one should observe a cat and take lessons from it.  I decided to give it a try.  I did notice that they take frequent naps and that was appealing.
The first thing a cat does when it gets up is to stretch.  I didn’t see that as a problem.  Getting the muscles relaxed and ready for action is a good idea.  Phase one, the stretching part was something I could do.  Next observation was the cat scratching behind the ear with its foot.  That’s when I ran into trouble. Getting my foot behind my ear would have been a feat even in my younger years. If I was observed laying down afterward it would be due to pain and not relaxation.  The follow-up sequence, washing myself with my tongue was another sequence that I would reject.  Then came the part where the cat jumps onto the narrow railing.  Even if I was agile enough and made it to the railing, falling off was a real possibility. Landing on my feel, typical of a cat, was not something I wanted to test.  Going to the pooper box was something I could do, however cleaning up afterwards - cat style, was not appealing.  I hadn’t reached the laying down part and relaxing or going to the food bowl for a snack.  I determined that the hurdles necessary to reach the relaxing stage were not worth the risks.  I was willing to purr and snuggle while being stroked, however there are limits to what a human is willing or capable of doing.   Being cat for a day lost its appeal.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Being a cat for a day   Being a cat for a day EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Funny, Funny, Funny man!

Did you ever consider being a comedian? Being a cat for a day 986286 Being a cat for a day 986286 Being a cat for a day 986286
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Being a cat for a day   Being a cat for a day EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 12:47 pm

The naps attract me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10720
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Being a cat for a day   Being a cat for a day EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks Alice.  I have often been told that I am nuts. Is that a qualification? 
I think I'll take a nap.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12624
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Being a cat for a day   Being a cat for a day EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 2:23 pm

It's a  dog's life.

Being a cat for a day 81KU-cLOw3L._SX110_ Being a cat for a day 41C9GeFDNWL._SX110_ Being a cat for a day 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SX110_ Being a cat for a day 51eDGllZXhL._SX115_ Being a cat for a day 41y7VHKoszL._SX115_ Being a cat for a day 51Zs4N4T4eL._SX115_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being a cat for a day   Being a cat for a day Empty

Back to top Go down

Being a cat for a day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-