Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Attack on Syria

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Attack on Syria Empty
PostSubject: Attack on Syria   Attack on Syria EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 12:01 am

Attack on Syria is the predominant news story.  The perception about the effectiveness of this action varies from country to country.  The US did not act alone although the action was instigated by the US.  Trump saying “Mission Accomplished” is similar to the words used by GWB after the attack on Iraq.  We know that the mission was far from being accomplished.  More destruction and loss of lives continued for years thereafter.  The sentiment of many including my own is that one cannot trust the word of Trump.  In my view, “if Trump says it, don’t believe it”.   His history of lies is known worldwide.  Even if or when Trump takes action, it is questionable.  Was it the right thing to do in defense of the country or was it politically motivated?  To claim it was for humanitarian reasons falls on deaf ears.  His past actions do not support that view.  A diplomatic solution was and is the path responsible people support.  The use of chemical weapons is unacceptable.  If they are not to be used, why does the US and some of our Allies possess them?  When the President says, in reference to nuclear weapons, „If we have them, whey don’t we use them?”  There is cause for concern especially when the person currently in charge acts irrationally.
Back to top Go down

Attack on Syria
Page 1 of 1