Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Shoes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Shoes   Shoes EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 am

According to a news program today about shoes, it was stated that until 1865 there was no right or left shoe.  Both shoes were the same and very uncomfortable. Here is one web site concerning the history of shoes.  http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-facts-about-the-history-shoes.html
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoes   Shoes EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Shoes are the cause of most foot problems!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoes   Shoes EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 12:43 am

Alice,  shoes were a concern with my parents as to the type of shoes  we wore.  I assumed that it was something inherited – inherited in the sense of being born with bad feet or a concern passed down from  generation to generation.  When sneakers were introduced, problems with the feet became an issue.  Walking barefooted was preferred to wearing the wrong shoes.  Arch supports became a  selling point with shoe sales. In the military, care of the feet was an issue.  Making sure that we had a proper fit brought attention to shoes.  As occurred with many families when purchasing shoes for children, shoes were purchased with larger sizes to allow for the growth of the feet.  It seemed to me that just when the shoes felt good, they were worn out.  There are true stories about soldiers taking shoes off dead comrades.  Many Confederate soldiers walked barefooted simply because they had no shoes.  In the story of Hermann Frech, he talked about difficulties he had with finding a pair of shoes and the problems he had walking long distance with shoes he found that didn’t fit causing much pain.  I recall an old Negro Spritual song about shoes.  “I got shoes you got shoes all of God's childrens got shoes. When I get to heaven gonna put on my shoes I'm gonna walk all over  God's heaven (heaven) heaven (heaven)
Everybody talkin' bout heaven ain't a goin' there heaven (heaven) heaven (heaven)…”

Shoes are important - past and present.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoes   Shoes EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 3:57 pm

I  quite agree, Abe.  Shoes are very important.

You can really mess up your feet with the wrong pair.

Your feet should never hurt from shoes.  If they do, kick them off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

Shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoes   Shoes Empty

Back to top Go down

Shoes
Page 1 of 1