Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. Empty
PostSubject: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm

We can make our forum come alive again.
Post a topic you are interested in.

Last edited by alice on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:53 am

Most members prefer to communicate through facebook, Alice.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:08 am

Facebook is too superficial.  This place is better.flower
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 11:46 am

All right.  Post a topic that bores you.lol
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Eating bores me terribly.   I don't care what a person ate for breakfast, unless it was terribly unusual.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 7:09 pm

1/3/2016

Let's see...Ummmmmh........Favorite Recipes ! Love Food
                 What's your favorite recipes ?

Cheers.........Joe............. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Alice, there are some subjects that tend to be avoided.  There is a new crisis in the Middle East between Saudi Arabia and Iran.  The execution of the Cleric has sparked a potentially dangerous conflict.  The two main Islamic sects: Shia and Sunni, with Shia being the main sect of Iran and Sunni in Saudi Arabia.  Both countries are Islamic theocracies with a long history of conflict between the sects.  We have some experience within the Christian religion especially between Catholics and Protestants.  Where I live there are still school buildings standing that separated Catholics and Protestants.  They evolved from this stupidity and are now integrated although there are areas in the village that are predominantly Catholic.  Much has to do with inheritance.  Newcomers don’t decide on one area over another based on religion.
When I lived in Beirut, there was a predominant Muslim area and a Catholic area.  During the civil war, crossing between the areas was dangerous. 

Another subject that will be debated in America is Gun Control.  The President will soon make an announcement concerning this controversial subject and I expect it will become a large part of politics.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:46 am

Tensions increase in the M.E.  The Stock Market is down reflecting concern about the supply of oil.  Saudi Arabia opposed the Iran deal since they didn’t want Iranian oil coming onto the market.  It would drive the price of oil down even farther and Saudi doesn’t want that.  They want the price of oil to increase and past tactics were simply to reduce the supply.  The US entered the oil market with its own supply and Fracking increased impacting environmental concerns.  The tensions are not just about religious issues, but about money.  I’m not saying anything you don’t already know, but trying to keep the whole picture in mind.  It is not a single issue, i.e., about the execution of the Cleric.  Human Rights violations are being used to bash Saudi Arabia while similar violations occur with other Allies.  In the past, since Saudi is considered a friend of the US – an Ally, violations were ignored.  Events such as this bring attention to the hypocrisy of our relationships.  In the meanwhile, Israel began another bombing campaign in Palestine.  When attention is drawn to other world events, they predictably launch acts of aggression.
GOP candidates talk about the use of nuclear weapons and how or when they should be used.  Having a President who is reluctant to use them is important.  The mentality of some candidates is frightening.   I support the ban of all nuclear weapons – no exceptions
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:33 am

Thank ,you , Joe , and Abe.  You done very good!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:55 pm

I have always preferred this forum to Facebook.  It's just that people have moved there from here.  I think they like the variety of posters and enjoy finding their niche.  I find Facebook unreal and not favorable to the development of real friendships I have found here.  I miss those who have gone.  I start to think they didn't like some of us, me included, and therefore left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.   Let's See Who Can Start  The Most Topics. Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's See Who Can Start The Most Topics.
Page 1 of 1