Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Does Tump represent American thinking and values?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Does Tump represent American thinking and values? Empty
PostSubject: Does Tump represent American thinking and values?   Does Tump represent American thinking and values? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:30 am

This morning's news shows Trump saying that he would ban all Muslims from entering the US.  He went further to say that Muslims should be killed and that includes al members of their family since those families "reproduce".  When one supporter was asked about her feelings, she said:  "I agree.  We must preserve American values." 
Too bad the reporter didn't ask her:  "What are the American values?"

It is scary to think that such a man as Trump could be come President of the US.  He has already shown himself to be a racist, now he's playing the religious card and has many supporters. 

I have been asked via email by a few friends on FB what country I would recommend that they could emigrate to.  Should such a man be elected President, I'm guessing that there would be many who would try to leave.

After hearing the news this morning, my wife said:  "I can't escape.  First I was made to feel ashamed to carry a German Passport, now I will be ashamed to carry an American Passport."
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Does Tump represent American thinking and values?   Does Tump represent American thinking and values? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Trump is blowing smoke. He has identified a constituency that no one else owns because no one else wants them, and he is saying what they want to hear. That particular demographic has felt disenfranchised for generations, and he is pandering to their feelings of being left out in the representation cold. It isn't about what he believes or what he will do as president. It's about getting elected.

I think Trump is the only Republican candidate who stands a chance of beating Hillary because of that neglected constituency he's corralled. They'll vote for him, and they'll come out in strong numbers. That's not cause to leave the country though. If I was going to do that, I'd have done it a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Does Tump represent American thinking and values?   Does Tump represent American thinking and values? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:16 pm

He may be blowing smoke, but where there's smoke, there is fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Tump represent American thinking and values?   Does Tump represent American thinking and values? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Tump represent American thinking and values?
Page 1 of 1