Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

How the Republicans could win

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10720
Registration date : 2008-01-26

How the Republicans could win Empty
PostSubject: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:09 am

Republicans are missing the boat when it comes to a person who could win them the election.  That person is Colin Powell.  He is a man of integrity and has experience on the world stage.  He not only achieved the high status of a four-star general but was also Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of  Staff and Secretary of State under Bush.  He made one blunder that he publicly admitted as a mistake and that was to address the UN prior to the Invasion of Iraq.  He was following orders from his boss, GWB, and was presented with the material he was asked to deliver.  He said that he received the material at the eleventh hour and he didn’t have time to review before presentation and blames himself.  
He does not seek the office of President, but he could be drafted.  He is the one Republican that I would vote for.   
Here is some facts about Colin Powell: http://www.biography.com/people/colin-powell-9445708#reagan-and-bush-administrations
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Once again the person smart enough to do the job is too smart to want it.   He stated very clearly...He did not want the job, and would decline if nominated.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:49 pm

I would vote for Colin Powell.  He is a man of deep integrity with the experience to be a statesman and a president in a world economy.  He would have the sense to surround himself with qualified people.  He would work with both parties.  I have nothing but respect for the man, but especially for his experience at all levels of service to this country.  I don't blame him for not wanting it.  It is a thankless job and the haters would go after him also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Don Stephens wrote:
Once again the person smart enough to do the job is too smart to want it.   He stated very clearly...He did not want the job, and would decline if nominated.
I agree that those most qualified don't want the job.  Those least qualified seek power and prestige.  In the case of Powell, I think he would step up to the plate if he felt he was needed to protect and preserve the constitution of the United States.  His service to our country shows his willingness to do that. It may be a bit early, however I don't think it is beyond reason to consider him as a Presidential candidate.  I don't expect him to hit the trail and place himself in the wannabee category.  If the citizens of the country don't like the candidates being presented to them, they should come up with their own choice and work to get that person's name on the ballot.  We need to make our own choice and not be obliged or forced to vote for someone forced on us.  This next election could be a turning point in how we decide who and how to select the next President. Pummel FB and any other forum with fresh ideas and let those ideas gather momentum.  The Internet can help us do that.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:12 am

GOOD IDEA to have Colin Powell for President.

He would get my vote. How the Republicans could win 588578
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:23 am

Wouldn't that be a miracle to have a person as President who is acceptable to people of different philosophies who recognize a true leader.  It could even heal the divide in Congress so ideas are debated based on differing policy views rather than based on fixed special interest influence.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:36 am

One small problem--his age-- 78.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:32 am

Age is always a problem, Alice.  Even I can attest to that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Me too.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Colin Powell at 78 beats anyone else running that's younger - but for him 78 would be a problem.  Look at the influence of the Pope - I think he is 78 - he is becoming a true world leader - 

Alass!
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:18 pm

Someone else smart enough to be president, but smart enough to get out of all together.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/condoleezza-rice-ive-had-my-fill-of-politics/ar-AAeJb5j?li=AA54ur
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:22 pm

I agree, Don.  The good ones don't run.  Why put yourself through the humiliating process of running?  In Europe, the US Presidential process is viewed as a circus.  It doesn't have to be that way.  Money is the culprit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How the Republicans could win   How the Republicans could win Empty

Back to top Go down

How the Republicans could win
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: All Political Discussions-
Jump to: