Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Refugees/Migrants

Go down 
+2
joefrank
Abe F. March
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees/Migrants   Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:48 pm

3/12

The head of our border patrol has said there are 150,000 children headed
towards our borders ! Orders from the White House don't touch ! I wonder who gave
those orders ? This country can't afford anymore refugees, too dam bad if certain groups
of people can't accept this, we need desperate border protection before something bad
happens and the idiots in DC don't care.....Time for a change and I don't mean Hillary !
Oh and these children are coming again from Central and South America...........

Cheers........Joe...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Refugees/Migrants   Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 1:33 am

Double standards continue.  Damned if you do and damned if you don’t continues.  Little if anything that Obama does is accepted by the opposition.  On the one hand Americans don’t want refugees and fight against the principles that made America what it is today.  They push to have refugees sent back to where they came from.  That not only includes Mexicans but anyone else who is different from the norm.  Religion is a big part of the resistance.  Trump brought that to the surface.  The same thing is happening in Europe where resistance against “more” refugees/migrants is gaining momentum.  They don’t fit in.  The problems are multiple that includes language, religion and basic culture.  Time is needed to resolve these problems, however people want a quick fix and that is not possible.

We are dealing with the effects while ignoring the cause.  Statistics tell us what countries have taken refugees and how many.   Instead of helping those countries who have opened their arms to help, they are condemned for their humanitarian efforts.  The refugees in Lebanon outnumber the Lebanese population.  Why do they have refugees?  It began with the Israeli occupation of Palestine and people fled for their safety.  They were not turned away and sent back to their death, but accepted and continue to deal with the burden.  Dealing with the cause, stopping the occupation and allowing the people to return to their homes haven’t been done.  Syrian refugees have fled (for the most part) for their safety.  The cause is still being debated and there was not a coordinated effort to deal with the cause until recently.  Currently in Switzerland, representatives from various countries are meeting to resolve the Syrian crisis.  That is a positive thing, but late in coming.  They have not met to resolve the Palestinian problem as it appears to be too politically sensitive.  In the meanwhile people continue to die.  The numbers of dead are climbing. 
The media is known to be biased.  Some Reporters send in their stories only to have them edited or killed outright.  Some reporters have been fired by their agencies for getting the truth out to the public. 

CNN International news is not the same news as reported in America.  They cater to their audience and the full truth is either not revealed or watered down considerably.  You can check this out by going on the I-Net and reading what CNN International reports and what CNN National news reports about the same story.  Sometimes the difference is subtle.  Sometimes a story is not even reported if it conflicts with the media’s politics.

I find it interesting that on FB one can get more credible information than from major media sources.  There are people on FB that share videos and reports from relatives or friends who are in the areas of conflict revealing more truth than what we are fed.  Even on FB one must question the source to insure that it is not some form of propaganda or bias. 

If there was an easy fix, it would have been found.  The problems faced by our and other governments are complex.  Decisions they make are often of a political nature to pacify their constituents.

Note:  When I responded to Joe's post and said: "You're wrong" it didn't provide any reason/clarification.  I wrote a paragraph to summarize my feelings, but decided that it would not give enough information about why I felt the way I did.  Therefore this longer version.  The above information is purely my own opinions based on the input I receive.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Refugees/Migrants   Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:38 am

Viewing the following tends to change one's opinion.  https://www.facebook.com/100011422877058/videos/o.1192684914091423/150710151986413/?type=2&theater

The question I have is "why?"  Why do people feel the need to destroy when they have an opportunity to build a better life?

Is it pure frustration without knowing what to do?  What is the root cause?  Dealing with the effects isn't working and can only deepen the hatred. 
Show me where reaction to hate with more hate has solved anything.  There must be control and sometimes that control may appear brutal, but control must be established.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Refugees/Migrants   Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 7:08 am

3/13

It's up to other people's countries to take  are of their people..
  We can't afford millions more, it's impossible ! 

Cheers.......Joe.... Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 499995
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Refugees/Migrants   Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 7:14 am

Relgion is at the root of the problem. Holy wars are not new and are not a modern form of conflict. Before the world became dependent on oil, most of the conflict was internal in the Middle East. Trading oil among countries has empowered the muslim world and enabled them to persecute minor religions within the muslim culture. These minority groups have fled and sought refuge in neighbouring countries. The hosting countries have both gained and lost in the process: skilled workers have boosted the economy; criminals have taken money out of the economy. 

The President of the United States of America has powers above and beyond those of most other national leaders. It is his leadership that helps to provide a balance between the two opposing factions of society: those who give and those who take. The incumbent President has been so focused on spending money on a healthcare system, he has not prioritised military spending. The present "shit show" in the Middle East is a direct consequence of his dalliance and insufficient military involvement in the present predicament that has caused a mass exodus of muslims to non-muslim countries.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Refugees/Migrants   Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:09 am

3/13

Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 950944 Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 950944 Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 950944 Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 950944 Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 950944 Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 950944 Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 950944 Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 950944

Great Post !!   Cheers..........Joe................ Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 846271
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refugees/Migrants   Refugees/Migrants - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Refugees/Migrants
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Current Events-
Jump to: