Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets Empty
PostSubject: Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets   Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 6:50 pm

I'm taking an online "train the trainer" course for creating distance learning course content. As part of that, I created a brief practice presentation using Voice Thread for six of my sonnets, one per page with a new reading recorded for each. Click on the link below and then you can click on the right arrow at the bottom right of the screen to advance to each poem after my very brief intro. You will see e page for each poem with a reading by me that plays automatically. You can also see what I looked like circa 1979 while still an undergraduate at Queens College, CUNY. It gave me a chuckle when I found the old photo in pretty bad shape. It is about the same time as the poems, though several are from a few years later years or so later.

https://hofstra.voicethread.com/myvoice/#thread/6618773/34485788/35879380
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets   Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 10:34 am

How charming!  I enjoyed your new digital experimenting immensely and would like to know how to do that myself.  What a great way to read a short story.  I can see a short story introduced by the author and then read by the author in this way.  Lovely!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets   Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks, DK. I used Voice Thread. I did this through my university, but I believe anyone can get a free cloud-based account that allows you to create and share content. I used PowerPoint to create the slides and then did a voice-over using a cheap headset headphone/mike combo. I did the same for a mock introductory lecture to one of my legal studies courses except that I used a modified version of just a couple of slides similar to what I would use in my class lectures and then recorded a video right from my laptop camera and built-in mike. Two things I don't like about this solution is 1. there is no way to save a complete file--you must give others the link to the proprietary site if you want to share the presentation, and 2. there are no editing tools. If you make a mistake 10 minutes into an 11 minute presentation you must start over.For these reasons, I will be unlikely to use the site for my professional presentations.

You can do the same thing simply using Powerpoint or a similar presentation package and creating videos separately that you can edit and change with much greater flexibility--it just takes a lot more work. But you get to keep the result in your own computer and share it any way you like, including through YouTube, etc. I did my first effort at a very simple book trailer that includes nothing more than covers from my short-story books with very little information that plays while I narrate my shortest short story (Justice) from my Mindscapes collection. It was fun and useful to experiment with both of these different ways of doing the same thing. Eventually I will port my law for the Entrepreneur course to an online format and that will be a LOT, L-O-T of work just to do completely new presentations and break each lecture into manageable chunks with audio, video, links, etc.

You can do a little more research at voicethread.com. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets   Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Good reading victor. The picture of you as a youth...I seem to know that young man...did I loan you $20? Nah...all the males in your generation looked like that back then. But, the voice keeps ringing in my ear?  Did you drive a pale green VW bug?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets   Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's a new reading of six of my sonnets
Page 1 of 1