Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edward Blaine

curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published Empty
PostSubject: curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published   curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:52 am

Where and when can I find statistics concerning sales of my book?  My book, Capped, was published in November.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published   curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 pm

If it's at amazon.com then you need to create an author's page.  The author's page once created will have rankings and sales data on Amazon.com books.

There are other services to provide this data also.  This is an easy one.  good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published   curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 8:14 am

If its an Amazon book, you can also track more or less accurate sales data from Novelrank.com. If it is not an Amazon book, then only your publisher can provide sales data (and some report only once or twice a year).
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published   curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:00 am

"data" seems to be the eternal mystery among writers. No other business would run that way and no other product provider would except such shoddy information.

In this technological age, every time a book is sold, that info should be available to the author.  All the wondering is ridiculous.

Those who publish with Lightning Source should get a record of how many books are printed - since only enough are printed for store placement and sales.  Even a record of printing should be provided to authors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published   curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Did you self-publish to amazon via a personal KDP account? If so, open your account dashboard and click Reports. You'll find everything you need to know about sales and royalties there.

If you did not self-publish, the publisher has access to those data.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published   curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published Empty

Back to top Go down

curiosity concerning my only book that I've had published
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Information-
Jump to: