Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Master of Suspense

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

A Master of Suspense Empty
PostSubject: A Master of Suspense   A Master of Suspense EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 5:53 am

I think we have all read some great books over the years and some stuck out as special. 
There are some that we have re-read because they were very good.  I know that is true with me.
Writing styles differ, however the author’s ability to grab the reader and keep him/her interested in the story is what makes it a good book.
We have a great writer in our midst.  I’m convinced that it is only a matter of time before he becomes well-known.  He is a Master of Suspense.  I believe his stories have much to do with personal experience.  When I read his books I can feel the emotions of the characters.  I feel the fear, hear the sounds related to the area of action, and sense the danger. 
There are several books that this author has written about Southeast Asia.  Although I did not serve in Vietnam, I feel that I have been in the Jungles and witnessed the action through the eyes of the characters portrayed in the stories.  Some stories are written through the eyes of a combat soldier while some are on special clandestine missions.  In my view, much that is written as fiction is based on actual events.  Some of the actions in Vietnam were dirty and involved Intelligence Agencies like the CIA.  The author gives the reader much to think about and I wonder how much more is yet to be revealed.  Some information will not be made public until the death of those involved.  Classified information takes a long time to be declassified.
In 1995 an order set a five year time limit on all classified info in records that are more than 25 years old to be declassified.  Based on this order, classification remains for approx. thirty years. 

The special author that I reference is our own (Don) D.J. Stephens.  He is one the best authors that I have had the pleasure to read.  I read and will continue to read anything that he writes/publishes.  He is not perfect.  His biggest flaw is with editing.  Once he is picked-up by an Agent and gets published by a Main-Line Publisher, those pesky mistakes will no longer exist.  Although I pick on him for editing problems, that is a minor thing.  I’ve read stories that were grammatically perfect but the story was dull.  With Don, his stories are compelling and keep me on the edge of my seat. 
A most recent story that I reviewed on Amazon is: “Cunning Tiger” – a Sniper’s Story.  I gave it a deserving Five Stars.
May I suggest that you visit Don’s Website and choose one of his books.  You will be glad you did.  His website is: http://www.djstephens.org/#!books/cnec
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A Master of Suspense   A Master of Suspense EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:00 am

You know how I harp about editing!  I'd hate to think that keeps Don from any deserved best-selling status.  I appreciate your praise for his books!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: A Master of Suspense   A Master of Suspense EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:48 pm

Abe,

What can I say...THANKS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Master of Suspense   A Master of Suspense Empty

Back to top Go down

A Master of Suspense
Page 1 of 1