Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat   Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:36 pm

The snakes were most unattractive and unappealing to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat   Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:39 pm

They were that. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat   Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Today I toured an exhibit of artist renderings from archeological explorations - the lives of the extinct Calusa Indians of Florida, a sophisticated tribe of Indians that disappeared not long after the Spanish arrived in the 1500's bringing disease, hostility and all manor of ills to these hard-working and intelligent people.

The artists filled in from their own creative talents the missing bits in order to complete their paintings, pastoral Calusa lives, the arrival of Ponce de Leon and his meeting with the Calusa Chief, etc.  The curator described the history of the Calusa as a collection of perspectives, some from the first Europeans who met them, some from the ruins of their homes and artifacts, others from stories handed down.

Everything we know as a historical record is clouded by the perspective of the story teller.  For instance, I always believed the Calusa were tall people.  Europeans described them that way.  The reality is that the Europeans who arrived as explorers were small in stature from poor eating habits, poor exercise and widespread illness, especially on the ships.  The Calusa appeared tall to them, but likely were quite average in size, and likely smaller than the average person today.

No one intends to write history wrong, they just write it from their own perspective that fills in the gaps, often with a subjective slant.  The curator suggested that the explorers may have wanted to impress their funders and felt obligated to tell things in a certain way.

Is it not possible that the collection of works in the Bible are also similarly a work that "fills" in the gaps from a male perspective seeking salvation?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat   Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:45 am

alj wrote:
They were that.  Smile

You made me laugh.  Good for you. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat   Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 613632
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat   Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 6:59 pm

I did not see the new movie, Noah. I did read the reviews, and saw a few shorts. It was not at all like the Bible. I did remember some years ago I was reading some of the 50 scrolls they left out of the Bible, and some of those were in line with the movie.

The rocks that helped Noah in the movie, according to some of the left out scrolls, were part of the 200 angels that came to earth, and took human form. In the book of Enoch, they asked Enoch to speak to God for them, because Enoch was loved by God. He did, and God told Enoch he would not forgive what they had done. Enoch went back and told them, “You guys are dead ducks,” or something to that effect.

The producers of the movie were in line with the scrolls. (those left out of the Bible.) I am not sure if these scrolls that were left out are true, or not. I do know the scrolls of Enoch are in harmony with the Bible. But the producers, or writers, did do their homework. I don’t think any of the Christians, or Hebrews who saw the movie have read the left out scrolls.

At this point, the details leading up to the flood I admit, I can not say in all truth what I know is true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat   Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Creationist Glenn Beck Calls Noah Film Dangerous Disinformat
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Religion and Spirituality-
Jump to: