Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12624
Registration date : 2008-01-11

EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 5:16 am

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:

If I get word 10, will I lose all my files in word 7?

No, but Microsoft Word 2007 should be capable to producing images from text.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 5:10 pm

I deleted my word program, and reinstalled it. Strange, I lost no documents? In the paste special, the word picture showed up? I don’t know how I did it? It’s not showing the word picture now? This stupid thing is driving me crazy. I will lose my mind within twenty four hours and become a nut case. They will find me standing in the street naked, with my eye balls going around in circles. (each in the opposite direction.) I will only be able to mutter…..“Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?”

“Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?”

“Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?” “Shelagh did it?”

YES SHE DID
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:38 am

Shelagh wrote:
1. Open the Word document with the text for the book.

3. Make a copy to work on and keep the original unedited. 

4. Close down the original copy and don't be temped to work on it. You might think you can make a copy of the edited version later, but tired minds click on "Save" and the original document is overwritten with the new edits. 

2. Scroll down to the first formula in the copied document and highlight it. 

3. Press "Copy".

4. Pull down the Edit menu and click "Paste Special".

5. A list of choices will show, scroll down to "Picture" and click it. 

6. The text will now appear as a picture. You can delete the typed formula (it's saved in the original file and won't be lost). 

7. If the picture is too large, click on it, pull down the Format menu and scroll down to "Picture".

8. Resize to your requirements,

9. You might have to play about with font size before you copy and paste to get the image size that fits best with the written text. It's all trial and error at first, but once you know the size and font type that works best, you can steam ahead. Well, crawl at snail's pace might be more appropriate! 

10. Once you are confident that you know what you are doing, you can "cut" instead of "copy" the text ready to paste in as a picture -- it saves time deleting the typed formula.

I did step 1 and 3
I did step 4 and 5   I right click, and copy. I also pulled down edit, and clicked copy.
I go to my pictures, but there is no picture there?
what am I doing wrong?

I have picture in the box of stuff as needed in step 5.

Am I just stupid, or what?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 3:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Thank you for the help, but it does not work?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:19 am

I wrote, “Algebra for Lazy People and Seagulls,” in 1996. I printed over 4,000 of them, and gave them away free to kids. I was invited into High Schools to teach the method used in the book. Students learned Algebra in one hour. To save on cost, I put the book on CD. I have never offered the book to a publisher. I knew they would price it out of reach of most kids. My efforts to build it into an EBOOK is not working. The book is having a hard time being born. Perhaps I’ll just offer it free as a down-load.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 6:57 am

Last edited by LC on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10720
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 7:01 am

Agree, LC.

It's much like authors writing a book and don't want to spend the money for a good edit, yet they will spend money promoting a book full of errors.  Makes no sense.  Quality is seldom free and that includes good programs.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 7:23 am

Last edited by LC on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:22 am

It has nothing to do with program cost. The my Algebra book was cleaned up. Shelagh said my program, works 7 should work. I now have what I needed in the program, "picture." It still will not save it as a picture?
I'm the last person on earth to be cheap, or lazy when I'm doing something. I looked at Latex...they are not for me. My books are going to go out first class, or not at all.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 9:05 am

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 9:22 am

I scan over what I want, copy it, and close the doc. I open a new doc page, and paste onto it.
I scan over again, copy, then open paste special. some times I have picture option, some time I don't. When I do I click picture. When I go to my pictures, it shows as a blank with the title under it.
If I click on that, it opens. But, it won't open on my ebook program. All I get is a little square box.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 9:48 am

Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 am

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 am

I scan over what I want, copy it, and close the doc. I open a new doc page, and paste onto it.
I scan over again, copy, then open paste special. some times I have picture option, some time I don't. When I do I click picture. When I go to my pictures, it shows as a blank with the title under it.
If I click on that, it opens. But, it won't open on my ebook program. All I get is a little square box.

Why are you opening and closing documents? You paste into the open document. You save the Word document with the images replacing the formulae inside that Word document. If you want to save the images as separate images, save the document as a web page. A folder will appear in the place you save the web page (My Documents). Inside the folder you will see a Web document with all the separate images stored as gif files.

You may have to re-paste all the "Pictures" by copying them and pasting them in as "jpeg" or "png" files. This is extra work, but if you have to do it, you have to. You will need to scroll down the list of "Paste Special" options to reveal the jpeg and png options. You must paste them into the open document. Each time you paste in a jpg/png image, you must delete the "Picture" image.

Then you save the document as a Word file. Make a copy as a web page. Then you should find all the images saved in the folder that is created automatically.

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:42 am

Shelagh wrote:

Why are you opening and closing documents? You paste into the open document. You save the Word document with the images replacing the formulae inside that Word document. If you want to save the images as separate images, save the document as a web page. A folder will appear in the place you save the web page (My Documents). Inside the folder you will see a Web document with all the separate images stored as gif files.

You may have to re-paste all the "Pictures" by copying them and pasting them in as "jpeg" or "png" files. This is extra work, but if you have to do it, you have to. You will need to scroll down the list of "Paste Special" options to reveal the jpeg and png options. You must paste them into the open document. Each time you paste in a jpg/png image, you must delete the "Picture" image.

Then you save the document as a Word file. Make a copy as a web page. Then you should find all the images saved in the folder that is created automatically.

I got up at 7:00am. Had a big breakfast, drank a whole pot of coffee, smoked a full pack of cigarettes, showered, and pissed for ten minutes…I’m wide awake. My IQ at most times near 180. This epg, pdf. Llc. Awol, trun left, turn right, and bend over an kiss your ass…has me feeling like my IQ is -180.

“Oh dear God, did I do something wrong in an earlier life?” I’m going to take a ten minute walk, smoke, and think about this. Please don’t get the impression I’m lost, or confused…to be lost or confused you have to know what your lost, or confused about…I don’t. My brain exploded two miles back. But I will get it. Damn it, I will get it. I wish I was a give it up guy…that would make life so easy.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:52 am

Last edited by LC on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Shelagh wrote:

Maybe I'm stupid, but to stupid to know I'm stupid.

A = [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]= 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 15 = 5[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]3 = 15 feet

I copy this ...it won't even open here on the forum?  

I am following your steps?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Last edited by LC on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 1:21 pm

LC wrote:
And I did something wrong myself (the big spaces between 5 and 3). Maybe I should have saved it as a PNG. I guess experimentation is necessary.

LOL...welcome to my world...LOL
When I saw the space, I knew the calculation was missing...lol.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Open a word document that contains the text for your algebra book. Find the first formula and copy it (all of it!):

Code:
a + b = 14

if a = 2 what is the value of b?

b = 14 - a = 14 - 2 = 12

(If you have scanned a page of text, copy the whole page and convert it to text that can be pasted into a word document. Format the text in the document to match the page in the book!) 

Follow these instructions. DO NOT CLOSE THE WORD DOCUMENT! 

Shelagh wrote:

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Okay; My Algebra book in in word. I open that. I see a page I want to copy a calculation from. I scan it with my curser. I press copy.
Now what? Do I want to do more on the original?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Let's suoppose your post you just made is the text you want to copy:

Okay; My Algebra book in in word. I open that. I see a page I want to copy a calculation from. I scan it with my curser. I press copy.

You scan it with your cursor and click the copy icon. Instead of clicking on the paste icon, you go to "Paste Special" and scroll down to Picture (Enhanced Metafile) and click on it to paste the picture into your document. The text is then pasted in as a picture below the original text you just copied like this:

Code:

YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL FILE SO THAT THE ORIGINAL IS NOT WRITTEN OVER WHEN YOU SAVE.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED   EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EBOOK PROGRAM NEEDED
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Information-
Jump to: