Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Eternal Life

Go down 
+2
dtpollard
Abe F. March
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:37 am

My short story, "Eternal Life - Transformation" will be available for free download on Black Friday 11/29.
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 7:11 am

Congratulations Abe.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 7:13 am

Thanks DT
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 7:24 am

The following was just reported by German Scientists.
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/german-scientists-prove-there-is-life-after-death/
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 9:28 am

This has been established for some time. Are you familiar with the work of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_K%C3%BCbler-Ross
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm not buying it. All they've proven is that people tend to experience common hallucinations when the brain is deprived of oxygen and the pineal gland secretes its narcotic into the brain at the time of death, which is believed to happen to ease the trauma of biting the bullet.

But that's nothing new. Scientists have known about it for years.

I know about that bright light too. I see it every time my blood sugar goes down too far.

There are stories of out-of-body experiences in the operating room. People claim to float around the room observing their own surgery, death, and resuscitation. So, to experiment, they started placing litlle LED displays on top of the cabinets. The only way you can see them is to float around the room. The devices displayed some undivulged bit of text. No one who claimed the experience could reveal the contents of the display. And no patients who were told in advance that the display was up there have ever claimed the floating out-of-body experience.

In my opinion, those who make those claims secretly believe they are the only ones fibbing about it. They want to believe that such experiences happen, and they want to be one of those special people who have had an out-of-body experience.

Someday we'll all know the truth. I can wait.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Once you have the experience, your attitude will change.  My OBE was not concocted.  Ron Kruger's NDE was not concocted.  Trying to explain what you saw or felt is difficult.  Have you ever tried to explain the feeling of an orgasm?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 2:20 am

I'm with Al on this. I think the experiences of being close to death (clinically dead) are universal. Actual death is something entirely different. Death occurs when brain activity ceases. No one has ever returned from that state.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:34 am

I understand your skepticism and am not in a position to refute your response or any scientific claim. 
My attitude has changed much in the past few years about scientific research and what they are able to do.  The following website is just another amazing research program that may benefit many:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/13/science/researchers-replicate-alzheimers-brain-cells-in-a-petri-dish.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

Using humans for experiments is not permitted and the results with animals, usually mice, may or may not produce the same results.  The possibilities, however, are cause for excitement.  

It is difficult to comprehend how prayer or the power of the mind can heal, but it is known to happen.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 6:21 am

The night my father died, Mom and I had left his hospital room to go to the room we had set up at the little hotel across the street, to see if we could catch a couple of hours of much needed sleep.  We left my brother, Bill, and a private nurse with Dad.

We had barely settled in when we got a phone call from Bill saying that he had passed and we needed to return to his room so we could have a few last minutes with him before they took him away.

When we got back, the nurse was in tears, and Bill told us that he had been sitting quietly with a book in his lap, not being able to focus on reading, when he suddenly "felt" that Dad was standing, or perhaps hovering, right next to him, rather than in the bed across the room.  He sensed, rather than heard, that Dad was telling him goodbye.  At the same time, he saw the nurse stand up and quickly move to the bed.  She checked a couple of things before she said, "He's gone."  My brother was not a particularly spiritual person.  He was more than a bit incredulous over what had occurred.

It's certainly not any kind of proof, but it does seem to indicate a possibility that something of Dad remained in the room after his death, briefly anyway, especially since it was something sensed by my brother, rather than something "remembered" after an NDE.

I don't claim to have an answer, but it does raise questions.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:09 am

I had a similar experience, Ann. When I received a phone call to say that my brother was close to the end, I didn't know what to do. My husband popped across to speak to our consultant doctor neighbour, who was kind enough to invite me over to speak with him. After a short conversation about my brother's state of health, he said that we should leave immediately. It was the third of January and the roads were icy and dangerous. The doctor checked the weather report and suggested that we should sleep for a few hours and then travel through the night. Otherwise it might be too late.

We travelled between 2 a.m and 7 a.m. I saw my brother that morning, and he died at four o'clock in the afternoon. By then, I was exhausted. Later that evening, I sat alone in my parent's kitchen. Before me stood my brother. Not a ghostly figure. Somehow, my depleted mind had given up on rational thought and yet could conjure up a complete image of my brother. I knew it was my mind and was in no doubt that my brother had not returned to say goodbye. As Abe said, the mind is a powerful thing. When brain activity ceases, there is nothing. We continue to exist only in the minds of those who remember us.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:27 am

You could quite possibly be right, Shelagh.  I pon't think any of know for certain, either way.

There is a difference between your situation and my brother's, though.  You knew that your brother had died.  My brother did not know.  The timing was off.  My brother felt my dad near him first, and then was told he was gone.  Bill was completely surprised by the "presence," and only heard the nurse's statement afterwards.

I guess we all believe what we need to believe, and we look for reinforcement in our experiences, and interpret them accordingly.

Truth is, until it is our own time, we cannot know.

I remember a discussion in a college English class. Our conclusion was that we would all do well to live our lives assuming that this life was all we had, so that we would do our best to make it worthwhile. If there was more, then we could be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:33 am

I think, like Shelagh, that eternal life is through the memories we leave behind and the DNA to our next generations.

I sure wish it was more as aging sends more of those I have loved and respected to the end of life and I feel my own mortality with occasional fearsome spurts.

I tend to believe that death is like sleep without dreaming.  If there is a soul, or energy that passes, it does so of its own accord with none of my knowledge or that of anyone else beyond their memory or beliefs.

Belief, however, is a strong thing. 

I pray diligently for family issues at present and sometimes feel it makes a difference.  There is an energy to positive belief, even if it energizes me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:47 pm

There are many stories about people passing and loved ones sighting the one who passed.
When we were in Greece, my wife said she saw her mother standing at the foot of her bed.  It was later in the day when she learned that her mother had passed.  It is difficult to comprehend such events.  Trying to brush them off as hallucinations could be one way of trying to explain the unexplainable.   Personally, I believe in life after death and that is not from a religious perspective, but based on science.  Science says that the body is made up of energy.  They further say that energy never dies.  That being the case, what happens to that energy when the body no longer functions?  Where does it go and in what form?  These are some of the unknowns that cause speculation.  Whether or not the energy (spirit) becomes visible once the body dies can only be ascertained or accepted by the person who witnessed the event.  Trying to convince another that it happened is futile.  I don’t think one should ridicule a person who has the courage to tell what they experienced or saw.  Just because it can’t be explained doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:01 am

I do follow the energy concept and believe in the science.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

Eternal Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Life   Eternal Life Empty

Back to top Go down

Eternal Life
Page 1 of 1