Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Another Opinion

Go down 
+4
Shelagh
Abe F. March
George Maciver
E. Don Harpe
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Another Opinion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 10:45 am

We don't get that here in the states (colonies?), but it must be humorous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 10:53 am

He means this Zada flower Little weed is the flower between the flowerpot men. Little weed indeed! I'll turn his icon into a doll and stick pins in it. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 12:03 pm

George Maciver wrote:
Nonsense, she's glued to Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men on telly.
Write on! By whose power were you persuaded to spy on me?Another Opinion - Page 2 Spider%5B1%5D
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 12:15 pm

I can see the reflection in your eyes.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 1:09 pm

Is that a compliment? Sounds suspiciously like one. You're going to burst my bubble again, aren't you? Another Opinion - Page 2 B%28l%29%28o%29w
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Another Opinion - Page 2 %21%21nija3
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Just as I thought. You're a ninja with attitude.

We sure have hijacked this thread! Are you going to moderate me or should I moderate you? lol!
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Another Opinion - Page 2 Sign0101
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:18 pm

E. Don Harpe wrote:
"Yes, there is a strategy in place which is designed to destroy the middle classes and move all their money to the super rich.

However, it's WHO these super rich are that is carefully hidden from view by the media, and no wonder, because they own them.

America's top 3000 richest people are all members of the same organisation, an organisation which is responsible for implementing the policies which are destroying us.

I think there is still time to do something about it."

George, I knew we'd find something that we both believed to be true. I agree with this completely, other than wondering if we are not, in fact, too late to do anything about it.
Is it too late to do anything about it?
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:38 pm

No, you're not too late. We just have to remember to keep our feet on the ground so we don't laugh our heads completely off...Another Opinion - Page 2 Happy0194

Poor George - you may regret ever explaining the smilie thing!Another Opinion - Page 2 Jumping0047
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Who knows if it's too late? For that matter, who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of man?

The fact is that nothing has been done to really try and find Bigfoot, and that thing in Roswell is still up in the air. I don't think we're too late to do something about any of this stuff, including the small people who live under Studebakers in every junk yard in America.

And how about that guy at Ford who turns on that bulb everytime we have an idea? Can we do something to get him to change to an energy efficient bulb.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Well Don, I sure hope so. In my own haste to transition to those bulbs, I have bought nothing else. When I had to replace the bulb in my garage door opener the other day, I was unable to close the cover over the new bulb, because even as a compact the dang thing doesn't fit.
It seems that even though we are on board with the new tech, not everyone else will be. One hill at a time I guess! Idea
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:12 am

E. Don Harpe wrote:
Gasoline in many places in America is now over $3 a gallon and probably heading for $4. They've now stopped giving us reasons why the price keeps going up.

It is my opinion, and it's only an opinion mind you, that the following article, posted just this morning, is the reason we are fighting in Iraq.

(Please note that even here, while they post record earnings, they are still saying that they aren't making much off of gasoline. I wonder if they will find anyone who believes that?)

Exxon shatters profit records
Oil giant makes corporate history by booking $11.7 billion in quarterly profit; earns $1,300 a second in 2007.
February 1 2008: 9:01 AM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Exxon Mobil made history on Friday by reporting the highest quarterly and annual profits ever for a U.S. company.

Exxon (XOM, Fortune 500) shares gained nearly 2% in pre-market trading on the results, which were underpinned by soaring crude prices.
Exxon, the world's largest publicly traded oil company, said fourth-quarter net income rose 14% to $11.66 billion, or $2.13 per share. That's up from $10.25 billion, or $1.76 per share, in the year-ago period.

That tops Exxon's previous quarterly profit record of $10.7 billion, set in the fourth quarter of 2005, which also was a record for any U.S. corporation.

Exxon also set an annual profit record by earning $40.61 billion last year, or nearly $1,300 per second.

The company's full-year results exceeded its previous record of $39.5 billion in 2006.

In the fourth quarter, revenue rose 29.5% from a year ago to $116.64 billion.

Analysts were looking for the company to report quarterly profit of $10.36 billion on revenue of $114.9 billion, according to earnings tracker Thomson Financial.

Exxon's earnings are sure to draw fire from consumer rights groups, who contend the oil industry is deliberately restricting supply and profiting on the back of U.S. motorists. They have previously called for a windfall profit tax on oil firms, and have proposed breaking up the big oil companies created during the 1990s merger wave.

Exxon attributed its impressive results to strong performance across its divisions, but a large part of the surge in profit can be attributed to soaring oil prices.

Last year, crude prices skyrocketed nearly 60%. That surge helped prices break through the $100 a barrel mark for the first time ever early last
month.

Natural gas prices have also increased compared to last year, albeit marginally.

But costs have also increased for the oil companies, and they haven't been able to make as much selling gasoline, which is why profits haven't risen as rapidly as crude prices.

Exxon isn't the only oil giant to report impressive earnings. No. 2 Chevron (CVX, Fortune 500) also reported a jump in quarterly profit on Friday. Conoco (COP, Fortune 500), the nation's third largest oil company, trounced profit estimates by nearly 25% when it reported last week.

I think Exxon's $1300 a second profit is abhorent. Many Americans are struggling to survive and yet they're allowed to profit at $1300 a second. To me it seems that the big oil companies want the price to go up so they can profit even more. In my opinion, they are greedy scoundrels. Sometimes, I think they might be creating a false sense of scarcity by manipulating the supply to up the prices. While listening to the radio, I heard that some people have already had to give up their cars because thay can't afford the $3 a gallon gas. At $4 a gallon, many more people won't even be able to afford to go to work and prices of goods will skyrocket. This would only serve to further slow the economy and drive us deeper into recession. However, I do see solutions to the problem. I think if properly implimented, a windfall profits tax could help, but it must be implimented so the oil companies can't simply pass it on to the consumers. I think such a tax should be based on the company's profit percentage relative to their gross sales. The higher their profit percentage, the higher their tax rate should be. In addition, I believe strongly that we should look for energy sources beyond oil. In all likelyhood, the world's oil supplies will run out in less than 100 years. The government could help spur the development of alternative energy technologies by giving tax incentives to companies who chose to develop them.
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:04 am

Perhaps those in government don't have our best interests at heart and don't care if we're being robbed.

We used to hang traitors, now we give them jobs as politicians so we shouldn't be surprised really because we're voting them into office rather than executing them.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:18 am

George,
where have you hidden all those ropes when we need them?
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 12:31 pm

Bring back lynching, that's what I say!
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 9:12 pm

George Maciver wrote:
Perhaps those in government don't have our best interests at heart and don't care if we're being robbed.

We used to hang traitors, now we give them jobs as politicians so we shouldn't be surprised really because we're voting them into office rather than executing them.

Unfortuantely, those in the govermment and on the boards of the mega corporations care only about acquiering more money for themselves. I've thought of a joke that pritty much sums up the sitiation.

What do you call a person who has a career in spending other people's money?

You call them a Politician! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 4:53 am

I agree that government doesn't have our best interests at heart. And the people with fresh ideas who honestly do want to change things do not have the money nor the influence to get elected.

When researchers were leading the way with solar and battery operated vehicles in the middle of the 20th century, the oil and auto companies bought the patents and then hid them away to stop or at least slow further development. That way the new technology would not interfere with oil production. Makes me embarrassed to admit that I am from an oil rich country, when we could actually be puttering around on clean fuels by now. Bloody bureaucrats. affraid
Back to top Go down
lynnjett
One Star Member
One Star Member
lynnjett

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:07 pm

We are quickly approaching the magic number, that number where technology surpasses greed. Everyone in the industry knew that if gasoline surpassed $2.50 a gallon and stayed there for some time, alternative technologies became more cost effective. Coal gassification, nuclear power, solar and wind, etc. It used to be $2.50 a gallon but now with the greater demand from China and India and the blips in production during Katrina and Rita. The oil industry was testing how high that number could go before people reached their breaking point. I think we are quickly approaching that magic number. Hurt by lack luster sales of gas guzzlers, I am seeing not only hybrids coming out of Detroit but electrical cars. Once we break the threshold and begin to switch to alternative fuels, the price will go down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lynnjett
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:01 am

At one point in my career I spent a few days in Switzerland talking with the bankers concerning oil. The discussion turned to the markets and what I learned has not changed much. At that time the price of gold was on the rise. The banker said, "If you have any money in gold, I suggest you sell it. One of our biggest conglomerates is about to take their profits, and of course the price of gold will fall sharply." And it did.
And then of course when it falls, these same people buy it back at the cheap price and then the little guys will begin to buy it and the price will go up again. Only if you're properly connected and know when things like this are about to happen will you stand to make the big money. They prey on the little guys who are like sheep and follow the market and they usually suffer the biggest losses. The big guys stick together and are alerted when one of their fellow biggies are about to make a move, and then they cover themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Opinion   Another Opinion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Opinion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2