Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Book publicist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
riverbri

Book publicist Empty
PostSubject: Book publicist   Book publicist EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

I am thinking about hiring a publicist to help in promoting my new book, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on someone who does not do the job that I need to have done. Does anyone have a suggestion on a publicist that has done a good (or, preferably, an outstanding) job in the Christian book market or one who has done a superior job in any market.

If you do not want to give out this kind of information in a public response, please e-mail me directly at val@valgreenwood.com.
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Book publicist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book publicist   Book publicist EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:51 am

I am inclined to say, don't bother unless your book is on a bookshelf. All the publicity in the world won't do any good if the consumer can't find your book readily.

However, if you do hire one, they usually charge by the hour. Request and verify references. Like an agent, a publicist should not hesitate to give out references upon request.

And good luck!
Back to top Go down

Book publicist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Agents-
Jump to: