Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

America's enemy

Go down 
+3
joefrank
Shelagh
Abe F. March
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

America's enemy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's enemy   America's enemy - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:58 am

Many women in the U.S. are engaged in helping other women in the world.  Examples include micro-loans for small businesses, education for women, healthcare for women, influencing humanitarian laws that help women, etc.  It is always easier to help abroad, however, when the income here matches that enjoyed by global corporate executives.  With income comes influence and the power to make major change where it's needed.  While one woman in the Peace Corps can make a difference in one small village, many wealthy women have the power to influence nations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: America's enemy   America's enemy - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:08 am

I like the Queen of England. She is paid millions by the peasants to keep her mouth shut, smile, and wave at people.

(Don't take this to heart...it's just my humor.)
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: America's enemy   America's enemy - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 am

Being born in the U.S., I have never understood royalty in modern times.  However, those who favor it tell me that the royals contribute to the country's economy and do the work of many other ambassadors that are present in other countries.  Apparently, they have their own wealth and their worth balances the contributions from taxpapers. 

They also provide a sense of pride to the population, a pride in history and tradition that lifts their pride in themselves.

Okay.  Somehow I still see that someone is paying the bill...

On the otherhand, I also see that they have "days off" meaning they have a work schedule for those ambassador responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: America's enemy   America's enemy - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:00 am

They do draw people to England...that brings in money. I don't think having a King, and Queen is a bad thing, after all, those of the past did make England Great.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: America's enemy   America's enemy - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:12 am

Not knocking the concept of limited royalty.  The US rebeled while the kings and queens still had far more authority, so we don't have a royal family, the countries of the UK revere the position, and that's fine

The thing is, absolute monarchy was a part of the agricultural era, when ownership of land was a primary power source..  The industrial era, in this country, officially won out after the Civil War.  The problems today stem from the conflict between the dying industrial era and the emergent information era.  Information is now the primary power source.  Look at the conflict over the Snowden releases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: America's enemy   America's enemy - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:15 am

alice wrote:
We are our own  worst  enemy.
I think that goes for both men, and women Alice. Wait ! does that apply to Italians also?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's enemy   America's enemy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

America's enemy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2