Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Herman Frech's 85th birthday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10548
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Herman Frech's 85th birthday   Fri May 10, 2013 12:16 am

Hermann Frech’s 85th birthday was a special event.
We first went to the church where a group from France performed classical songs with flute, tuba and trumpets. The Men’s Choir and the Evangelical Church Choir sang several songs and Hermann sang with us. There were over 200 people in the audience.
Afterwards, we all went to Hermann’s Hof where a feast was being prepared. My daughter Christine and husband had set up while we were at the church. Christine sang two popular songs and then “Amazing Grace”, a favorite of Hermann’s. When she sings that song, it never fails to bring tears to my eyes.
The Mayor gave a speech honoring Hermann’s past accomplishments. Toward the end of the festivities, Hermann told a series of jokes. He was in top form. A variety of wines were on the tables and replenished as needed.
We were fortunate with the weather. No rain and mild.
Wish you all could have been there.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12498
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Herman Frech's 85th birthday   Fri May 10, 2013 2:24 am

Sorry I missed this, Abe. It sounds like a wonderful occasion for an admired and much respected member of the community. Please pass on my birthday wishes.

If you have any video clips of the event, I'll upload them to YouTube.

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©Shelagh Watkins 2017
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Herman Frech's 85th birthday   Fri May 10, 2013 5:16 am

Thanks Shelagh. I think you would have enjoyed it.
No pics and no video clips. To my regret, I didn't have my camera with me. Some others took pics and I hope to get copies.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Herman Frech's 85th birthday   Sat May 26, 2018 7:45 am

For those of you who read the book: “Hermann Frech – On the Way to Siberia”, you may wish to know that Hermann Frech celebrated his 90th birthday on May 9th.   There was a ceremony in the Protestant Church with remarks by noted Regional personalities.  The town produced a booklet titled “Unserem Ehrenburger Herrn Hermann Frech zum 90. Geburtstag” (Our honored citizen Mr. Hermann Frech on his 90th birthday)
The booklet provides a history of his activities as School Teacher, Town Mayor, Choir Director for 35 years, Church Organist for 40 years, Town Historian, etc.  There is also reference to the TV documentary produced by the University of Constance about the “Hitler Youth”. Hermann was one of the speakers on this documentary having been inducted into the German Army at age 15.  He is one of the few surviving members of this group.
Hermann is in good health and still active in the community.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herman Frech's 85th birthday   

Back to top Go down

Herman Frech's 85th birthday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Current Events-
Jump to: