Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p Empty
PostSubject: Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p   Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:51 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57532807/charity-president-paul-ryan-did-nothing-at-soup-kitchen-photo-op/?tag=contentMain;contentAux

Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen photo-op

The head of a charity in northeastern Ohio where Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan and his family were photographed cleaning dishes over the weekend said Monday that Ryan was not authorized to be on the premises and "did nothing" while there.

Brian J. Antag, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society in Youngstown, told the Washington Post that the Romney campaign had not asked to make the Saturday visit to the soup kitchen. He said that he runs an apolitical faith-based organization which has bylaws barring it from hosting political candidates, and that the visit jeopardized donations from private individuals.

"They showed up there and they did not have permission," he said. "They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors." Antag added that Ryan and his family "did nothing" while on the premises.

"He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall," he said.

Ryan was photographed cleaning "large metal pans that did not appear to be dirty" during a 15-minute visit, the Post previously reported. While television cameras rolled and photographers snapped pictures, the Wisconsin congressman discussed washing dishes while he was younger. He said he would get calluses on his fingers due to the heat from the industrial machine.

When Ryan arrived on the site in the early afternoon, the kitchen was clean and the dining area was empty, according to a pool report. After his time in the kitchen Ryan spoke to homeless people outside the soup kitchen, but reporters were kept from monitoring the conversation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p   Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:10 am

It's such a pity that so many people choose to be fooled by these two. All they have to do is put on an act - and they know it.

Both feel free to say anything and do anything whether any truth is involved or not. Maybe some people in the U.S. deserve Romney/Ryan. I don't. The people I know on this forum do not deserve them either.

Sure, they can get a lot done their first year - they'll spend the whole year destroying every right and benefit that makes the lives of seniors, students, and ordinary people better and signing legislation that their Bush crony's will coo over to give the corporate/industrial complex free reign to profit at all costs and no benefits to anyone else.

How people in Ohio who owe their jobs and the taxes that the state receives from 7% unemployment due to President Obama saving the auto industry - how those people could possible vote for Romney who said, "let them go bankrupt" and whose company continues to send jobs overseas - I have lost faith in the people of the U.S.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p   Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 am

I guess I haven't. A few years ago, would this article have made it to CBS? The fact that it did is a sign to me that people are waking up to reality. Any article that exposes the sham is a good thing. It renews my faith.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p   Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:12 am

You are right, Ann. I need to only put positive into the universe and say instead that the majority of the people do get it and in the privacy of their voting booths will not vote for the pretty Romney and the athletic Ryan or legislated religious dogma, but rather they will vote for universal health care that benefits the entire U.S. and will improve the economy, continued hard-earned rights for women to choose the health care they need, and the many pieces of legislation already in place to benefit the youth, veterans, seniors and citizens across the board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p   Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p Empty

Back to top Go down

Charity president: Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen p
Page 1 of 1