Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15666
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Wait until you hear this--Mitt Romney put his Irish Setter in a cage and drove down the road with it on top of his car for TWELVE HOURS!

The poor dog was so scared it messed, so he stopped at a gas station and hosed it and the car down and then continued on his way.

Such meanness is inexcusable.

Do you really want him to be the leader of the free world?

Last edited by alice on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:57 pm

9/29/2012

YES !..........

Now that we settled that onto Thanksgiving

and Christmas..........

Cheers..Joe...
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Joe,

You approve of animal abuse?
I best tell Dusty to beware.

Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I don't remember too many Democrats complaining about what Bill Clinton did to his wife. Romney's dog in all likelihood loved the ride. Hillary, not so much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:08 pm

9/29/2012

I think this has gone too far !

Joe...........
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10627
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:24 am

In the last days before the election, dirty tricks are being played. Dirt is being dug up and the oposing side tries to equalize it.

Yesterday I received an email from an address I didn't recognize. I was one of 15 on the email list. It was about Romney and the dirty tricks played on him. I thought the email was from a school friend in Pennsylvania that is a Republican. I answered to "all" addresses and said, "Don't send me anymore political Bullshit".
Later I received another email from the same person telling me that his sister who is visiting his cousin here in my village traveled only with summer clothes. Then I recognized who the sender was. He is a staunch Republican from Florida. In the same email he says, "Your Obama in Action - yes BS". It contained an Website that says, "Vote for Obama, he gives a free Phone."

It is amazing how low the political promoters will go to stimulate hate.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:18 am

Victor, Joe and Abe,

I do not hate anyone and this did NOT come from an email.
After all that has been said here, and the stuff I have read, TRY A BIT OF TRUTH

http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/dog.asp

I run my information through Snopes before I post it and do not make it up.

Try reading the link and if you don't agree, and think it is low, take it up with Snopes.

I am very surprised by your responses.Smile

I stand by my original post and I am extremely offended by your pious posturing
and in your case, Victor, off the subject statement. That was not the subject of this thread--Thank you. Since you brought it up I will speak to it.

I am no Democrat or Republican, but, I, for one was very upset by Bill Clinton's lying , having sex with interns and harassment of women.

I did not appreciate Bill's private life. His wife could have left him. I would respect her more if she had.

Dogs can't leave.

Last edited by alice on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:52 am

Alice, I for one appreciate that you fact-check the items you post and don't post them for shock value that is later found untrue. This dog story came up in the primary, and is true.

Those who are staunch Republicans operate from that paradigm. Those who are staunch Democrats operate from that paradigm. A very small percentage of the population is now found in the "independent" category, and many of them have just not announced but are already in one paradigm or another.

All information is then filtered through that paradigm. I must say that in the past, I found my views more in line with the Republican Party; but eight years of President Bush, the major shift to religious right issues, the pledge to Grover Norquist, the obstructionism and then the propaganda to deny universal health care to those in need - well, it just mounted up to a negative column and I moved to Democrat.

Since this election is about Romney and Obama; I don't see the relevance of bringing in the despicable behavior of Clinton. If we want to have a discussion of presidential sexual trists, there is a long, disgusting list. It has no relevance to a helpless animal.

As for the dog on the roof; I do see it as a character flaw. We all know that the potential republican candidate list was abysmal, and Romney was not the choice of anyone, just the lesser evil. He is a weak candidate. The criticisms that running Bain Capital is not similar to running a nation are correct. However, those who support the republican cause will not see his flaws or it will make their decision to support this weak candidate also weak. They cannot help themselves, however. How can one expect a republican to vote for President Obama? It doesn't matter who is the republican candidate, a good republican must run a defense.

Similarly, Democrats are equally fixed on their current President Obama. I tend to think I am a little less fixed in my paradigm since it is relatively new. I just believe that this nation is long overdue for universal health care and find the propaganda built around the program (that was a national need until propagandized as a republican cause celeb to oust the President) criminal. Especially when I watched Romney say in a speech that insuring every child in Mass. was a sign of his compassion as a person - every child in Mass. but not every child in the U.S. I also don't want the religious right interfering with my health care and that of other women. There's a lot more, but I have expressed those reasons and those who plan to vote for President Obama share them.

Regardless of politics, I see Romney as a weak person, ruled by immediate profit motives and trained to be callous toward the less able of society except in meeting the dogma of his religious affiliation. I have known men like him all my life. He's no more qualified to be president and the leader of the free world than the other men of his ilk that I have known. The pity is, even his own party knows it, admits it, and is stuck with supporting him. Big money needs him to set them free to destroy the earth in search of unlimited profits without a return to the U.S. They'll rule him in the president position the same as he changes his tune every day in the campaign.

The fact the we have so many needy people is directly related to the Bush years and the destruction to the economy - that bore its ugly fruit long after President Obama took office. Republicans tried to blame the Mexicans - but that has stopped because the Mexicans went home and there is zero immigration from Mexico - the blame lies firmly in the hands of the Bush administration and the obstructionist policies of the republicans with their vow to unseat President Obama.

Again - full employment will end the deficit. We'll all start spending money. The GNP is a representation of spending money. We "aint got" no money so we "aint" spending it. Corporations are holding theirs until they get free reign to do what they please. They'll let it go once the election is settled.

Full employment. The deficit will be fixed by full employment. There are many sane ways to correct the financial ills. We all know the sane ones; the republicans just want to harp on "leaving the deficit to our children" when it will not happen that way when the obstructionism ends.

Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 am

Thank you, DK. flower flower flower
You say it so much better than I can.I quite agree animal abuse is a character flaw.

I wonder if Hiitler treated his animals poorly too.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:52 am

I'm not sure about "better" - but I sure use more words!!!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:13 pm

DK ,

You are a writer and I an accountant.
It's to be expected.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 4331
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 pm

I remember when Lyndon Johnson lifted his Beagle by the ears. I consider that anyone who has no respect or compassion for animals cannot have much respect or compassion for human beings and even less for themselves. Animal abuse says a lot about the person doing the abusing. Romney is a nit wit. No offence to nits.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Thank you, Betty. flower flower flower
I won't vote for a nit wit either.

Last edited by alice on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 pm

I dated a man who was unkind to a baby parrot; he was also unkind to me. I probably would have suffered through some more abuse, but when he threw the parrot cage and little Sport fell tottering out of the door, I gathered him up and we both went our merry way forever - that was 15 years ago. I was not a "pet person" but I could never in my worst moments see a helpless creature mistreated.

I don't know if it's true, but I have heard it said that a person who mistreats helpless animals has a character flaw and beware. Also I've heard it said that animals sense that character flaw and are attracted to people of good will. These are things I've heard and have no evidence to support expert my own experience and that of friends.

The way that Mitt Romney talks about people in need, compassion does not seem to be his strong suit. Even the wealthy drug barons in Palm Beach treat their immediate family well and contribute to the local charities. They are able to compartmentalize their lives. Bernie Madoff had a loving family.

Funny how money puts an aura around people as though wealth makes them special and above the judgment standards applied to ordinary people.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Now the discussion is more level. Three women and three men.

Pipe up men we can't hear your defense of bad behavior--yours or Mitts:)

I am sill ticked by the way you all pounced on me for posting a fact. Next time try to spare the messenger:) Thanks
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
I remember when Lyndon Johnson lifted his Beagle by the ears. I consider that anyone who has no respect or compassion for animals cannot have much respect or compassion for human beings and even less for themselves. Animal abuse says a lot about the person doing the abusing. Romney is a nit wit. No offence to nits.

Love,

Betty

That was Johnson, wasn't it.

I knew there was a reason I didn't like him. I will never forget the day I shook his hand and saw his eyes. I wanted to shiver, but wasn't sure why. I was glad he was just the second-in-command to a man I respected. Who knew that a year later, he would step into that man's office.

People talk about what they were doing the day of the assassination. I wasn't doing anything noble. I was at my own bridesmaid's luncheon. The maitre d' came over and asked if he could turn on the TV. We spent the rest of the day watching and crying. I remember my aunt, at one point, saying, "Oh, my God. That b*****d Johnson is the President of the United States."

George "Herbert," on the other hand, had a grip and a smile and a way of remembering where he had met you before - a look that just spoke out "integrity." That was when he was younger. The last time I saw him, I did not get close enough to shake his hand. He was our president, then, and I was no longer an active campaign member or the wife of his local chairman. I was just a teacher at the school he was supposed to be honoring.

Time and high office had gotten to him, though, it seemed. He did not seem malevolent or anything like it; far from it, he just seemed distracted. His staff was running the show, and he had just been brought there, by them, in an election year, to have his picture taken with a group of minority students from his home city. That was the year I switched parties. Nothing was trickling down, especially not to the families of those kids he had come to see. It was all about appearances - literally and figuratively. It was sad.

The presidency is an office - not an individual, and it is a tough place to be. Just look at how Obama's hair has turned white.

Personally, I cannot see Mitt Romney as being presidential. That is sad, too. We ought, in every election, to vote for the individual who most closely represents our beliefs and dreams for our country. We ought to be able to feel proud of whichever candidate wins whether we share the same beliefs or not.

There have been elections in the past where I have felt I was choosing between the lesser of two evils. I feel for those who are in that position right now.

Ann

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:26 pm

I never came close to any president; I did meet Newt Gingrich. He gave me the creeps. I met him when I had press credentials at the AARP conference in Orlando. I interviewed him, Rob Reiner, Whoopie Goldberg, Marlo Thomas, and more. Every single person interviewed was gracious and spoke candidly. Newt didn't even answer the interview questions, looking around and talking about his books. The vibe I got was "well, I'm here. That should be enough. I just want to sell books and move on." Of course, he didn't say that. I just felt it.

The year I was a political intern in D.C. I hung out with lots of Republican Senators and Congressmen at various functions. The Congressmen were the easiest to know; the Senators had an aura of power and influence about them. If you didn't have anything for them, they didn't have any time. You could see all the young people bowing and scraping. It was weird to a young girl from Michigan who had not been around "important" people before.

In 1985, I was a founding member of a social service foundation that grew to over $50 million in current equity as the Community Foundation of Collier County. Our little founding group of do-gooders included the Director of Catholic Charities, an attorney, a businessman, a judge, a rep from department of social services, etc. There was a young potential Congressman, Republican, by the name of Connie Mack. We were all helping this caring, community minded person move forward with his political career.

Well, once elected, we only heard from him when he asked for a check. That's what happens when they get to Washington. It becomes about them instead of their constituents. From day one, they are engaged in collecting favors and funders instead of serving the electorate. At least presidents are only allowed two terms.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Welcome, Ann,

I feel sorry for the conservatives now. They are principled folks and their leader is not.
He says whatever he thinks will work at the moment.
Scary:)
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:09 pm

I always thought that LBJ was behind the assassination of Kennedy. I still think that.

Newt is not called Newt by accident. What is that formula for the witches brew in Macbeth?

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."

Laughing

Love,

Betty

Last edited by Betty Fasig on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:16 pm

My favorite high school English teacher assigned Macbeth. When we entered the classroom, she was stirring a fake cauldron over fake logs dressed in a witch costume. She was quoting what you wrote above and was very scarey. I never forgot that day and I'll bet I'm not the only one. She was a "spinster" normally in a nice suit and her hair pinned in a bun.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Dear Diane,

Without special teachers, I would not be. Miss Hart was fourth grade. How wonderful she was, and dedicated to the idea that children were all the same ..., little accidental innocent bodies that were her responsibility to teach and inspire.

She was beautiful, smelled so very nice, was so very kind every day. She copied all the lessons into a notebook for me to take home because I could not see the black board and write them for myself.

She took me to the eye doctor for glasses. I will never forget seeing for the first time.

If ever anyone thinks that teachers do not matter, that kindness does not matter, I wish I could tell them of Miss Hart. God Bless Miss Hart......

I wonder if Romney would understand that kind of kindness. No, I think he would think is sappy.

Teachers matter. Sometimes they are the only person who tells a child that they are worth the world.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:33 pm

9/29/2012

Leave the dog alone, picking on the poor dog is animal

abuse.....Next Wed. everyone will see who is the real

champion of debates...Obama's people admitted he's no

good at debates, but when it comes talking to the public

he sures knows how to dazzle them with his intellect and

baffle them with his bullshit !.....

Cheers...Joe...
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:38 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Joe ,
Are you sober?
We are not picking on a dog.
You are talking nonsense and I respectfully ask that this thread be locked.
I will not discuss politics with unreasonable folks and our bets are off.
So Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10627
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:30 am

Ann, DK & Betty. Good posts all.

As expressed, we are drawn to those who we feel share our values. How a person treats an animal is a good indication of the person's character.
Consider how a horse is trained for riding. Some do it with kindness others with force. Would you feel more secure riding a horse trained by force or kindness?

Teachers in my view are similar. Encouraging the student, showing kindness gets better results than by demand. I experienced both. To this day, I remember the teacher who was brutal, unkind and forced learning. I also remember with fondness the teacher who made learning fun, who smiled and gave me the feeling that she cared about me. Teachers have a great influence on the lives of the students. More attention should be given to teachers and their training. It is not just the ability in teaching a subject, but how to stimulate learning in the child. I am not a teacher and my opinions are as an observer. My son is a teacher and I get feedback of problems he faces with students. One of the biggest problems in his experience is with discipline. Those who want to learn -vs- those who attend class because it is mandatory is a challenge for any teacher. Control by the teacher is limited due to restrictions placed on them.
In an private school it is especially problematic. Fees keep the school running and if a student is withdrawn by the parent the potential loss of income dictates how much a teacher can or cannot do. Kids know this and some push the teacher to the limit of tolerance.

Teachers who teach because they love their job are, in my view, the best. Those who teach simply because it is a job and provides an income do not have the interests of the student at heart. I could be totally wrong about this, however that is my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog   

Back to top Go down

Mitt Romney Is Not Kind To His Dog
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: All Political Discussions-
Jump to: