Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:58 am

Where are you Joe?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10697
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:20 am

Ronald Reagan was 69 when elected President. He may already have been afflicted with Alzheimer's disease at that time. Since there is a minimum age to be elected president, there should also be a maximum age. Anyone over the age of 65 knows that the mind is not as clear as it once was and one tends to forget things. Having the finger on the button to launch nuclear weapons should not be in the hands of someone who is not clear of mind. Nuclear weapons should be eliminated entirely. How can we condemn others who possess them or want them when we have them? Can we trust our leaders not to use them?
As stated before, I believe that if Romney is elected President he will start a war with Iran. Perhaps he wants to follow in the footsteps of another Republican, GWB.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 am

With Iran, Russia, China....
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:26 am

I have learned that when you put facts into a discourse, those whose opinions are emotion and bias oriented get angry and leave the discussion. Many people have differing opinions regarding war and peace and how it it is resolved, regardless of their political party.

I fully believe that war is a remnant of the throwback past to man as warrior and woman as nurturer. Rules were minimal and disputes were resolved through death. War is an example of the base nature of man, the closest we come to our animal roots other than procreation and the satisfaction of hunger.

Every society that has evolved spiritually reaches for peace. The level of peace in a society is one measure of its rise toward humanity and away from its animal existence.

However, the world is at various stages of development from tribes to nations. The U.S. error has been applying our development stage to the minds and hearts of people not yet to that level of a world view. Thus we get mired in tribal conflicts and expect the people to be grateful when our values are not within their frame of reference - we are seen as the occupiers and aggressors regardless of our appearance of building free nations.

No one built our nation. The people within this nation (yes, outside forces did participate; but the people here were the nucleus) fought its wars to accomplish the political ends desired. While I believe I am fortunate to be born and raised in these United States; if this country had evolved differently, I might not even be here to wonder and have opinions.

Wars are fought for self interest: oil, resources, economic gain, political power, etc. The atrocities are many; and the destruction of a country's infrastructure and population is abhorrent. How anyone can favor war to settle international differences is beyond my comprehension. War is the last choice, not the first one. The Iraq war is a blight on the soul of the U.S in my estimation. That in no way diminishes the service and lives of those who followed the direction of their Commander in Chief as their patriotic duty. Even more I honor them. It is the lies and leadership that took us into that war that I abhor. Sometimes I feel the recession fell on this nation as a spiritual cloud for what we did to those people and that country.

Nuclear weapons are a danger to the world wherever they exist. I can understand lesser powers not wanting to be under the shadow of the countries who do have nuclear weapons. That should be the order of the day - finding a common, global ground to eliminate all nuclear weapons across the globe - all.

It is evident that differing peoples can work together in spite of religious and political differences when fairness is present. It is greed and fear that destroys collaboration and cooperation. It is building hate against one side or the other. We have a good example in the Rush Limbaughs and other voices of hate and venom who stir up the emotions of people and encourage them to hate each other based on color, race, religion and political differences. The world would be a better place if radio was like the 50's and such encouragements of violent thinking were not allowed.

I do not believe that the chaos in world order at present is the right time for a change in leadership in the U.S. We do need to create a better balance in the Congress so some work can get done. All the claims "against" the Obama Administration at the Republican Convention represented the obstruction by Republican Congressional representatives who would not pass the legislation to correct the problems, not even attempt to compromise. The last four years were purposefully orchestrated to keep the country in turmoil so the Republicans could run in and "rescue." The cost to the U.S. citizens and the world has been enormous. It's time to be a real patriot and do the people's business under a renewal of the Obama Administration with new cooperation and collaboration. Let the world see we will not go backward to appease the privileged few who have the money and power to buy political positions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: