Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15671
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:21 am

Do you see it, like it, agree with it? Years ago, I watched and bought it all.

It does not appear to be the same Grand Old Party.
Rampant lies ---very sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:26 am

8/302012

I watched it, Conda Rice was elegant, fantastic speaker, very

elegant. Christina Martinez who's the Gov. Of New Mexico, the

first Hispanic woman, the first woman to be elected in 99 years

because politics is a boys club. She was elegant, great speaker

and funny..........I would elect these women to a high office..

Cheers..Joe....Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10689
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:57 am

Fortunately I can't see it live. I get a synopsis on CNN. That's enough to spoil my day.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:18 am

Why are lies accepted and even expected now?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 am

I don't think there are more of them, or that they are being accepted. We are just getting better at spotting them and seeing through them. Suspect

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 am

Anyone from the Bush Administration is tainted, even though very competent. Condi Rice is a professor who speaks every day; she is brilliant and an expert on Russia and foreign nations. I fear her desire to go to war, however. She has the same masculine inclination to be the leader - at all costs - that marks the men of politics and might be softened by the females who have borne children and understand that some costs are too great, too devastating. She is a great role model for the young women of this country, and her speech should be made available in every school across the nation. It was clear, powerful, intelligent and maybe even lacked the lies and half-truths of the rest of the GOP orators.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am

Paul Ryan scares me. He is an idealogue who believes in his own infallibility, including his right to tell blatant lies when the truth is right next to him. Someone like that is dangerous. They believe they have the higher calling that clears them from the demands made on the rest of us to be honest and forthright rather than lie and twist the truth because the ends justifies the means.

In fact, that is one of the key differences between a business approach to government and the social service approach to government. In business, the ends justifies the means, regardless of who is hurt, who loses their jobs, who starves, who is destroyed. In social service, it is the means that identifies the ends: it is the methods by which people are lifted up to pursue their destiny that helps lead the country to a positive outcome.

When the ends justifies the means, it allows lying, cheating, innuendo, subterfuge, and whatever power and money can produce to accomplish the goals of the party in charge. It's called, "collateral damage" and it's weighted in a formula of cost/risk analysis.

When the means are as critical as the ends, the goals require consideration for all concerned and procedures and policies that meet the needs of all people in a country such as the U.S. that has the wealth to accomplish anything.

If we are the most powerful country in the world and lose our soul and forget the least of us, we are no better than the Romans and deserve to fall. If we struggle to meet the needs of all through economic uncertainty, true shared sacrifice, policies that engage all citizens for health and education, business support to insure the continued growth of innovation and creativity that has always been the backbone of this country, and we are but one of the many powerful nations of the world, we have saved our soul and may stand tall among the developed, free countries that provide a quality life for all their citizens.

I vote for a country of compassion, diligence, intelligence, creativity, innovation and representative government minus the money politics and the lobbyists. I vote for a country where the current, useless Congress should be tested, measured and those who are found accomplishing nothing should be fired. I vote for a country where one person's religious viewpoint is not forced on me to govern the health and safety of my own body and my intimate life. I vote for a country where the health of all citizens is valued as much as the self-serving health benefits provided to those who legislate health policy. I vote for a country that values teachers and education sufficiently to make education universally available to all potential students. A democracy can only thrive on an educated electorate. I vote for a country where the right to vote is extended widely and generously, where registering to vote is as natural as going to the grocery store - voting is the food of democracy and we all need to participate. I vote for a country where the dignity of work is provided to all even if it means make-work to rebuild the country's disintegrating infrastructure and public buildings. Most people want the dignity of work; long term unemployment is not a choice, it is is an anathema. When there is full employment, people spend money and enterprise grows to meet those needs. Full employment will refill the coffers. The super wealthy need to cough up some of the excessive profits they have made in this great land of opportunity and return them to building this economy instead of building the economy in other countries - it is a choice.

Am I a liberal? Am I a conservative? I am a patriotic U.S. citizen who loves my country and is sick of any party saying it is less than great because of the other. This is a great country every day. It has its growing pains alright, but they are the result of letting her slip into the hands of the greedy and the robbers who are raping the land (borrowed words from Abe) and the economy for their personal means and intend to hang onto their power at all costs, even to lying and harming the general population. Shame! That's the result of the ends justifying the means.

Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 am

8/30/2012

We need a third party !

" We The People "

I still say I love Condi Rice and Christinia Martinez

two great women who young firls should look up to.

I'm neither a democrat, Republican, a Leftist or right winger.

I'm me, a proud american who makes his own decisions !

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Excellent post, DK. Joe, any person that can make their own decisions means they can think. I'm glad you are one of them.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:52 pm

That is what matters to me - that we look at the factual information we can get into our reading view and weigh whether it is emotion, bias, and persuasion that is governing our opinion or really what is best for the nation regardless of party or political persuasion. That is a very difficult task. Only the best will succeed. We need them to guide us.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 pm

8/30/2012

I think we should guide them not them guiding us !

We have to tell them what to do not them tell us

what to do..........It's called " We The People ."

Cheers......Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Many people have special knowledge beyond anything in my little brain. I want those people to get together and figure out the best policies and legislation to rebuild our economy and meet the needs of our citizens. I don't like to use the phrase, "We the People" because it is used by those who want to go backward to the original days of a country where only men could vote, slaves were legal and many other injustices that have been corrected existed. No, the country is evolving still in greatness; we have not fully unfolded and we have greatness ahead of us. With all our diversity and the composite genius, there is no excuse for the bickering and self-serving political hoopla that separates us to the benefit of a few self-serving, political and wealthy elite.
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm with you, Joe. I spent little time, relatively speaking, watching the convention and will spend no time at all watching the Democratic convention. I know where they both stand, and know where I stand, and don't need to listen to spin from either side of the aisle. The difference between propaganda and information lies in one's point of view. From mine, there is little but propaganda from EITHER the Rs or Ds. Period. But I LOVE Condi Rice and, like you, was very impressed by Christina Martinez. I would love nothing better than to vote for them for the #1 and #2 spots, respectively. I stood up and clapped after Rice's speech. My wife, a centrist Independent, also clapped--to my surprise.

Ryan does not excite me, but if he is to be labeled an ideologue (he is one, I believe) he is no more of one than Obama. One from the right, one from the left, one a lousy speech maker who can't use a teleprompter to save his life, the other a wonderful speech maker born to use a teleprompter. I am a fan of neither and am both rational and fair enough to see them both, for all of their differences, as two sides of the same political coin--one shiny and golden, the other tarnished and dull, both made of base metal to my eyes. I yearn for the liberals I trusted and could disagree with but dearly respect. I yearn for the conservatives I could feel good about (for the most part) embracing. I mourn for their passing--right and left--of both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:37 pm

8/30/2012

Victor..

..........Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? 973110

Cheers...Joe...We The People........Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? 925501
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:44 pm

I am watching Brian Williams on MSNBC interviewing Ryan. Brian flat said to Ryan that what he said in his speach was lies and taken out of context. Ryan is a good lier. he did not flinch but a blink. Then he tried to explain that our president...blalalalalal. He looked like a fool...the fool that he is.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:26 pm

8/31/2012

" We Believe In America........Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? 748523 "

Cheers...Joe........Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? 765642
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Romney's acceptance speech at the GOP Convention is evidence that money can buy the best speech writers. Telling the people what they want to hear and placing the blame of today's problems on the shoulders of the sitting President was made clear. Lacking were the reasons for unfulfilled promises. In this regard, the GOP is clearly the winner.

I will be traveling to the States to cast my vote for this important election. I don't trust Absentee voting. We know they didn't count for much with GWB. I challenge anyone who would attempt to deny my right to vote.

As I write this post, I hear in the TV in the background with Romney telling more lies. It is so sad that our leaders are permitted to lie to the people they pledge to serve. Self-serving I can believe. More sad is that people will believe the lies through repetition.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:59 pm

The Republicans totally convinced me they are not ready to run this country.
Apart from the blatant lies, their poor judgement in allowing Clint Eastwood to take 12 minutes, when allotted five, to be so rude to President Obama was very telling.

if they can't run a convention, what hope do they have?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Last but not least. Did they have to war monger? I can imagine Putin is not well pleased.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:03 pm

8/31/2012

November is three months away, it's going to be nasty,

Pelosi and Reid will be voted out thank God ! The Pres.

election will be an all nighter and in the morning there

will be a major surprise.....

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Joe,

What on earth did Nancy Pelosi do to you? Harry Reid?

Just curious , as usual

What is the big surprise?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:50 pm

8/31/2012

I don't like Pelosi because she's very vindictive, Harry Reid

time for him to retire, all politicians when they reach 65

should automatically retire......

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Will they get social security, Joe? Smile

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:27 pm

8/31/2012

When they retire , No SS, No Extra benfits, smaller pension.

No freebies.......Oh yes pay their own medical !

Cheers.Joe..Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? 925501
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:15 pm

joefrank wrote:
8/31/2012

I don't like Pelosi because she's very vindictive, Harry Reid

time for him to retire, all politicians when they reach 65

should automatically retire......

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy

Mitt Romney should retire then as he is 65 now. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?   Anyone Watch the Republican Convention? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Watch the Republican Convention?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: