Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New author & book introducing itself

Go down 
+3
Shelagh
Duncan Pile
toroddfuglesteg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
toroddfuglesteg

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-07-11

New author & book introducing itself Empty
PostSubject: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:56 am

Hi guys.
This really feels weird.... I have been dreaming about getting published for the last 35-40 years. OK, I am not really truly published, but I went the self publishing route through Lulu and released my novel The Final Ride there on the 1. July this year.

The last eleven days has been strange. A photo shoot with a local newspaper today. Some feedback on the novel and...... shock, horror, shock........ somebody has actually bought the novel. Somebody I don't know.

That is seriously weird.

The book, yes...... As I describe it myself: An old man's bike ride through his past and present in the quest for the meaning of his life. This quest takes him and the readers over the mountains and through the deep canyons of the storyteller's past.
The Final Ride is both a novel and a road movie on two wheels.

...and I am starting on my second book ..Of Peter Svartjern's Saga... tomorrow for a release next year.
It is weird to finally having fulfilled a long dream. Both out of body and a bit depressing. The best way to get over the depression is to start the writing on the new book. Tomorrow afternoon, that is.

I am not allowed to post the link to the book here before next week. That is not important though. I just wanted to introduce myself.

I hope I can share my bewilderment with others here. Others like minded. Thanx in advance for kind words and support.

Back to top Go down
Duncan Pile
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Duncan Pile

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi and welcome. I'm new here myself. I look forward to sharing online space with you.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Torodd,

Welcome to the forum! Pull up a chair and join in the conversations. New author & book introducing itself 591890
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm

"...welcome human if I may be so bold as to call you one now..." started the goblin thinking more upon the coffee and biscuits on offer, saying "...ah yes, many writer's forums out there, but only publishedauthor's forum has the appropriate madness suitable to turn even the saneness of homosapiens into creature not unlike ourselves here...", the observant night seemed to listen in to the goblin's words where somewhere too, the sandman lurked just inches within its darkness, yet the goblin continued his welcoming soliloquy, saying "...alas, I have no tangible advice to offer you though they say I'm somewhat easy to find and rather good at listening, where perhaps too, the answer all along was something to do with the vision itself and its portrayal then...", yet whatever the secret to writing might be, the night in its glittering silence was not telling tonight, while the sandman just bided his time of course, for the goblin was going nowhere from him however much he typed away

New author & book introducing itself Falling-asleep-tarn-rollman

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:04 am

Congratulations. Yes, book releases do include many emotions. You'll find that many here share similar experiences. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
IncompatibleChani
One Star Member
One Star Member
IncompatibleChani

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Welcome and congratulations!
I also took the self publishing route (it's the cool thing to do now Wink) so don't sell yourself short m'dear.
Congrats again!
Back to top Go down
toroddfuglesteg

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 am

Sorry about my silence and a big thank you to all your messages and encouragements.
The Final Ride was not to become my final book. Well, as long as I stay alive, that is. The Final Ride really wetted my appetite. After some "structural damages" on my body after two bike crashes, I am alive and well into my new book Fragments Of Peter Svarttjern's Saga. A book which is an altogether different type of fish than The Final Ride. The first book was largely biographical. The new novel will not consciously have any biographical details. I guess something from my life will import itself into the book without my knowledge though. Most novels does.
It seems like Lulu is discontinuing their copyright system from March. They have warned me that The Final Ride will be discontinued from their services. Therefore, both a new, errors corrected and fleshed out version of The Final Ride and the new Fragments Of Peter Svarttjern's Saga will be released directly through Amazon as Kindle versions.
I am currently putting in 2000 words a night into Fragments Of Peter Svarttjern's Saga which I guess will hit the 75 000 words mark with a good margin. Four chapters long, it will lead the readers down many wrong turns before the even more confusing epilogue.
A busy year which was not helped by a vision of a new book I got yesterday in the gym. Yes, physical training helps the creative processes.
There is life in me and I cannot remember ever being more alive. This writing process is thrilling stuff.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Congratulations for enjoying the ride and sorry you had a negative publisher experience. I've had a few.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
toroddfuglesteg

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Lulu negative ? I would not say so. They are just changing their policies and I guess a lot of other members of this forum will be hit by the same change. I don't know. I had decided to jump over to Amazon anyway so it does not harm me in any way. It only means I have change one weekend over from my new book to rewrite the first book and then re-release it on Amazon when Lulu discontinues it.
No sweat and no worry at all. I am happy about Lulu.
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Hiya,

and welcome Smile and of course best of luck with the newly published book.

Huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New author & book introducing itself   New author & book introducing itself Empty

Back to top Go down

New author & book introducing itself
Page 1 of 1