Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A really good agent is interested in my book - need advice!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thisisinsanity

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-04-21

A really good agent is interested in my book - need advice! Empty
PostSubject: A really good agent is interested in my book - need advice!   A really good agent is interested in my book - need advice! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:25 am

A really good agent is interested in my book - other agents might be offering early next week; could use agent selection advice, timing advice, etiquette advice, anything advice!

I published a very popular article with an attached book, got publisher interest, and used the publisher interest to generate agent interest. Several pretty powerful agents have requested my proposal and one of them said yes immediately.

She seems absolutely wonderful, and an expert in the niche of my current book, but a lot of the remaining agents who may contact me next week are technically bigger fish. I could use as much advice as any of you have to give.

I have a phone appointment with the currently interested agent early next week, and I am currently planning on hearing her out in terms of her plans, hearing anyone else out that offers during the week, and making a final decision on Friday. Is that reasonable and/or wise? I don't want the interested agent to feel like I'm dicking her around and holding out for someone 'better', since I really do like her, but I also don't want to move too quickly on what is a pretty huge decision.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down

A really good agent is interested in my book - need advice!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Agents-
Jump to: