Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Therapist and Author...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoodGuyNutt

GoodGuyNutt

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-04-07

Therapist and Author... Empty
PostSubject: Therapist and Author...   Therapist and Author... EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi all new to the site and am looking to network. I am a therapist and the Executive Director of a Relief Organization. While I love both of those jobs my passion is writing and I actually wrote an entire 188 page book in a matter of about 35 days.

I am hoping that this site will help with networking, as a first time author I used self-publishing and not sure what can be done to ensure that I sell a lot of books. Any help with that will be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://justinnutt.com/
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Therapist and Author...   Therapist and Author... EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Good luck with your book selling!

Perhaps you could create a website for your book and make "business" cards that have your website on them and hand them out. You could also take your book to local libaries and ask if they would be willing to put it on a shelf so people can check it out and read it.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Therapist and Author...   Therapist and Author... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:31 am

"...welcome to publishedauthors then..." replied the goblin who rarely failed to read someone's introduction, continuing "...I can't write like you humans do but perhaps that's my way of encouraging you, no I mean well by it...", and with that the goblin drew a circle in the air to reveal the a coffee table with finest filtered coffee and home made biscuits, saying "...so join me now, I mean it's always teatime here and things can get quite hectic now but the posts are good, and we do so lavish attention upon those whom we find addictive to read, where you'll post for us won't you, after all there are more and more readers here across forumland now, and why is that you're asking me, well because only forumland offers you a two-way street between authors and readers, I suppose that is all, ah but that also everything too..."

Therapist and Author... Titanic_-_anteater_20101126_1857123872
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Therapist and Author...   Therapist and Author... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:56 am

Hi Justin,

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Therapist and Author...   Therapist and Author... Empty

Back to top Go down

Therapist and Author...
Page 1 of 1