Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

No Nativity scene in DC this year?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

No Nativity scene in DC this year? Empty
PostSubject: No Nativity scene in DC this year?   No Nativity scene in DC this year? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 am

Supreme Court rules no Nativity scene in DC

The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity Scene in the United States' Capital this Christmas season.

This isn't for any religious reason. They simply have not been able to find three Wise Men in the Nation's Capitol.

A search for a Virgin continues.

There was no problem, however, finding enough asses to fill the stable.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: No Nativity scene in DC this year?   No Nativity scene in DC this year? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Too true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: No Nativity scene in DC this year?   No Nativity scene in DC this year? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:09 am

We have sure paid a lot of taxes - since I for one am not part of the 1% that has unlimited loopholes - for little accomplishment by the Congress. The political campaigns have provided for nothing but comedies of errors and we pay matching funds for that, too. I had great hopes for Occupy Wall Street to gain enough power to force out those who have done nothing. The rhetoric has cooled. Maybe they are getting better organized from a power perspective. It seems to me the Congress is always getting ready to leave Washington so they are forced to do something in order to get their vacation.

It's always seemed strange to me that when we pay our Social Security tax from our pay check that when we receive it, it is taxed again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: No Nativity scene in DC this year?   No Nativity scene in DC this year? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:42 am

And it is taxed on the gross. I paid 1/4 of my settlement total to get the benefit.

The outcome was that I was disabled on the original date I had requested to be, but only paid for part of it.

Six monthes were left unpaid. They will onlfy pay 18 monthes back and I was 24 monthes late. As they denied me I paid. What a racket!

The moral of the story is if you are disabled and you apply for disability and are turned down get a lawyer immediately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Nativity scene in DC this year?   No Nativity scene in DC this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

No Nativity scene in DC this year?
Page 1 of 1