Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I leave you to your own world.

Go down 
+4
Abe F. March
alice
alj
Domenic Pappalardo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

I leave you to your own world. Empty
PostSubject: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:11 am

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:15 am

I still have those PM's too, Dom.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:45 am

Domenic,

Most of the writing help you got was from Lane. You sent him a very memorable pm which he shared with me.

Fortunately I did not save it.

Unfortunately Lane is no longer living. He was editing a book for me also.

Dick and Lane were both pros. Dick was a legend. Replacing those two is impossible.

Don't expect us to be the same. We aren't.

There is no reason to post things against Ann. She deserves respect for her accomplishments--after all she is educated and not a bully.

Aother thing you resisted Lane until you deicded to learn from him. He had only just begun --why not let

Ann help you? You have a ways to go, yet.

Please do not credit this forum with your writing abilities .

Last edited by alice on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:55 am

Shelagh.

This forum doesn't need saved. It's not a church.

The interaction of intelligent writers keep it alive. Chatting with one another is a good form of communication. The more we learn about a person, the better able we are to assist, if that is desired.

Never to be accused of anything may mean that you haven't done anything.
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:44 am

Dom, your right about a lot of things and thats why I dobtn't post often. I left several times but came back because of a couple of people i like.

I liked Alice until I read that she checked someone elses contract with his publisher. I can't imagine someone with more gall than that or trying more to stir up trouble. Thats something my six yr old would do. Ann posts snide remarks about genre fiction and when I had enough and wrote back, Alice defended her and so did everyone else. Just because she's 'educated,' doesn't mean she knows how to write a novel or that shes right in everything. I've seen that here. But if anyone says anything, the rest of the pack attacks. I got snarly on this forum to, so I just keep up with a couple I like, and try to learn writing on other forums.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:56 am

Lyntx ,

I did not do that. It was an allegation and you swallow lies. Enjoy your forums and learn from them.

As far as Ann goes, I am proud to have her as a friend. She is smart and can even spell. She is against a person only reading ficton. Would you like your doctor to have only read fiction?

"Birds of a feather flock together." You have chosen Zizban and Domenic-- Enjoy!!!!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:21 am

Lyntx.

Another thing, why not interview a hundred teachers and see if even one will agree with you?
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:56 am

No matter what I might think to myself, I wouldn't make snide remarks about any type of writing on a writers forum. To me, that shows a lack of class, no matter how 'educated' they are.

Spelling? I just had my friend check my post to make sure my words were spelled right, but I see other members who don't spell so great. But I'm learning, so I'll get better.

Will you get better at being nice to people who don't agree with you?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 am

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:50 am

alice wrote:
Lyntx.

Another thing, why not interview a hundred teachers and see if even one will agree with you?

Most teachers I know are happy that theyre students read, no matter what it is. If I liked victorian homes, studied them, got an architech degree in designing home structures, I'd be 'educated' in that subject. Those homes might be what I think are the best, but I would never hint that what your living in wasn't as good.

And one of those teachers is helping me with my spelling and grammar, and she thinks its wonderful that I'm writing romance. So go bark up another tree. You'll get better results.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:55 am

I think it's wonderful that you're writing romance, Lyn. Good luck with it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks, Shelagh!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:06 pm

One of the risks we take when we put ourselves out here online is that every reader will read into our words something a little bit different from what we actually write, because we all have limited perspectives that are based more on our own particular experiences of whatever the subject might be.

It's one of the reasons that some writers never quite make the leap from writing to getting published, because they realize that once the words are out there, they are no longer their own. They become the reader's words, and the reader is free to put whatever interpretation onto them that their experiences project.

Quote :
“Live never to be ashamed if anything you do or say is published around the world -- even if what is published is not true.”
― Richard Bach, Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Lyntx,

Best of luck in your writing.

I see you would never make a snide remark about writing--good! Why save them just for people?

Show me how to be nice. Thanks! I learn best by example.lol!

Last edited by alice on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Shelagh just did.

Ann, you can go on and on about how readers read something a writer didn't mean, but its up to the writer to make sure their writing says what they mean. If you did it once, or twice, I wouldnt be so offended. But youve 'hinted' in remarks you've made several times about what you think is worthy.

I don't care if my writing will be worthy. I only want to tell stories and entertain. But I dont want anther writer telling me its not worthy. Who are you to judge what other people want to read? S King says hes the MacDonalds of the writing world, but people flock to see him or hear him talk. He entertains a lot of people and thats important to.

Last edited by lyntx on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Shelagh is always nice. flower

You began this conversation.--I want you to show me. Thanks! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm long past caring what you want.

But I'm ending this right now. Its to much like talking to my children.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:31 pm

As you wish...

I hope you talk nicely to your children.

They will grow up faster than you think.

Have a happy day.

I hope you feel better now--that you have vented.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:27 pm

lyntx wrote:
I don't care if my writing will be worthy. I only want to tell stories and entertain. But I dont want anther writer telling me its not worthy. Who are you to judge what other people want to read? S King says hes the MacDonalds of the writing world, but people flock to see him or hear him talk. He entertains a lot of people and thats important to.
Yes it is important, Lyn. Probably more important than writing a brilliant piece of work that only appeals to a few because the majority of people don't find it entertaining.

I recently set up the Amazon Kindle board and explained how authors can offer their novels and stories for free download to reach a wider audience. One of my books has been downloaded over 10,000 times and I'm writing a sequel. If readers found the free book entertaining, they may be willing to buy the sequel. It will be interesting for all writers (published and unpublished) to see what the outcome will be.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Lyntx,

I am curious. You said you came here because there are a couple of people you like. I know who you don't like, who do you like?

If I lie about them will you still like them?

I am so puzzled I can't find where I was mean to you.
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Shelagh, I think its exciting and wonderful that so many people are reading your book. Congratulations!

Alice, I liked you until reading some of your posts. Your pretty mean to some, such as posting that link about Domenic. Thats something one of my children would do. Your very nice to your friends, but I think you go out of your way to cause mischief to others. When I didn't like what Ann said, you defended her. Well, Anns a grown woman and she doesn't need anyone to fight for her. Shes very passive-aggressive, where your just aggressive.

You asked who I like. I like Shelagh, I think Betty is wonderful and so talented. Joe's pictures are some of the best, and hes nice too. DK tries hard to be nice to everyone, LC can be harsh, but shes usually fair. I don't know the others.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Do you want me to leave or quit sticking up for my friends?

You are hard to figure. You have not exactly endeared yourself to me. I don't think you need to be quite so judgemental.

I agree Betty, Shelagh, DK, LC and Joe are very nice.

Ann is just as nice.

It appears Ann and I are the problem. Why not just ignore us both?
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Your friends are grown enough they can fight there own fights.

And thats a good idea. I will ignore you.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:19 am

lyntx wrote:
Shelagh, I think its exciting and wonderful that so many people are reading your book. Congratulations!
Thanks Lyn! It is exciting. I wrote Mr. Planemaker's Flying Machine in 2002 and sold very few copies of the book, although PublishAmerica did produce an excellent book from the manuscript I submitted. The editor allowed me several chances over a period of a fortnight to edit the book before it went to press. They also allowed me to change the front and back cover. I was thrilled with the book but disappointed with the sales.

I asked and received joint print rights and full electronic rights and published the book on Lulu and on mobipocket but the new publications only produced a few extra sales. The book was made available in July this year for free download, six years after it was released for the first time in July, 2005.

Many new writers and authors want instant success, but those who succeed are the ones who persist. It was difficult for me to find the motivation to write a sequel with so few readers of the novel. The downloads revitalised my enthusiasm, and I'm thoroughly enjoying writing the sequel.
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:57 am

Your story with your book is an inspirational one. (I think I got that spelled right. I looked it up - still having problems with tos, yours, and theres) So thanks for sharing. And I'm glad your excited enough to keep writing. I've read that many writers write several manuscripts before they 'hit' it big, so I believe you when you say to persist.

I'm happy for you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I leave you to your own world.   I leave you to your own world. Empty

Back to top Go down

I leave you to your own world.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next