Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

So, There I Was

Go down 
+8
Shelagh
LeeBrown2010
LC
slb
dkchristi
Abe F. March
alj
Betty Fasig
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

So, There I Was - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:39 pm

What would be a good term that describes them, DK?  I would say KKK but that term has been taken.  Shallow minded parroting hate mongers comes to my mind. Next we will see them in hoods and robes.  I hope not.
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 8:03 am

Fear.  Fear rules white men and they pass it on to their families.  I hear fear in the disparaging remarks and the mean-spirited behaviors.  The future is out of their control so they find something they think they can control - but they will eventually lose that too.

Fortunately, men and women with minds capable of paying attention to the world around them learn to step outside their own narrow frame of things and accept that some people will be uncomfortable with ideas that benefit the majority.  That's why we have representative government to help us make the best choices for the most people.

Unfortunately, representative government has become the government of the wealthy and powerful who work toward their own personal gain not the benefit of the whole.  That is the aberration.

Change is inevitable.  Rationale people work toward change that benefits the most members of a society - that is the purpose of society.  Irrational people stop the change with tenacity for to let go of an idea is to let go of their power and admit someone else is correct.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:24 pm

So...Here I am...
I have been planting and watching for sprouts, jotting down the expected days to harvest, planning my marketing strategy, looking at other peoples success and failures, storing pictures of what I planted for the display on line, looking up recipes to help people select my particular produce for the pleasures of their personal cooking.  I still have vegetables to plant, like the spinach because of their preference for cooler temperatures to sprout. It is still over 90 in the day and 115 in the stacks.  HOT!
But, here I am with enough planted to feed a small town and more pots to plant.  I am excited. 
I love going out every day to see if seeds have sprouted.  I worry on those that have not like an old mother. 
A lot of the seeds are up and waving their true leaves in the sun and soaking it up. 
When every one is talking about hate and war and injustice, I am glad to be out here with the vegetables and the animals.  Head in the sand?  No.  I know what is happening.  I have no control over it.  I vote, I tell people what I think, but, here I am. Not so much "so there I was."
Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Betty wrote:

When every one is talking about hate and war and injustice, I am glad to be out here with the vegetables and the animals.  Head in the sand?  No.  I know what is happening.  I have no control over it.  I vote, I tell people what I think, but, here I am. Not so much "so there I was."
Love, Betty

You have the answer- or at least a workable answer.  And your work has a valuable purpose.  You work with both the Earth and technology, creating a synergy that incorporates nature and science in a way  that respects both.

I'm glad you are here.  I was beginning to think we had driven you away with our "discussions."

Keep doing what you do, Betty, and please stop in once in a while to tell us more about where you are.  It inspires us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Anne, you and everyone here always make me feel welcome and important to the group.  I am so emotional.  You make me cry with your kindness about this post of mine. 
I read the discussions.  My heart aches for the things that I cannot change by discussion.  I voice where I can but it makes so little difference to anyone.  I am dismayed by that.  I feel that it is not the same as it used to be when a group of people could make their voice be heard.  Now, I believe that the people who are in power are excellent at stomping the voice of anyone into the ground by the news media that is purchased, the elected officials that are purchased...I begin to lose a little hope. 
But!!!!
I believe that everyday people will keep on keeping on with what they always have done to keep the family alive.  That is the important thing.  I hope it never gets otherwise.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Betty, did you see the post about Amazon having a special section for children's books?

I have some nasturtium seeds but they grow into leaves and flowers then drop dead - perhaps they are not a hot temperature flower.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Oh, DK..I am so sorry that I have not responded to your post about the Amazon children's books.  I did look at it on Amazon.  I have a hard time envisioning the Wooffer Tales like they describe.  I have always thought that the way that Winnie the Pooh is illustrated would be nice for the stories. 
I have been so very busy with the growing of vegetables, selling and delivering and all that goes with the growing of said stuff (weeds, fertilizing, insects, not to mention picking) that my mind is tunneled.  I will have to say that I am proud of the 60 pounds of green beans and the 40 of wax beans that have been sold.I can see the possibilities if I were a laarger operation.  Sometimes, I feel all of my 72 years but mostly, I do not.  I am strong. 
I have not posted much here of late.  Not because I have lost my love for this beautiful place that our Shelagh has provided, I feel spread a little thin.
I hope everyone had a lovely hallowed eve.  I was reading about the Celtic traditions and theirs seemed more reasonable than the terror kind of thing going on this day. 
Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 11:30 am

Halloween has become more gruesome over the years and I have bowed out.  When my children were little, the worst was a darth vadar or a ghost or witch.  I turn out my lights.  I don't want to see the ugliness coming to my door.

Today I favor halloween parties instead of door to door.  It's too dangerous to collect candies from strangers.  In my friend's neighborhood everyone on the block gathers at the four corners with their candies and punch.  All their children parade by - and everyone knows each other.  That's almost okay. It is a gated community.

Where there are normal neighborhoods, people come from all over and the children travel to homes that they do not know.  I'm done with that.

One year I put out a basket of apples with a sign, "take one."  I had a basket of apples left.  They wanted snickers bars, not fruit.  That was my last halloween.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Your Halloween experiences sound like mine, DK. I have stopped participating too, for the exact same reasons.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Greed has come to Halloween, I fear.  To go out and get a hoard of candy that should last a year, is common.  I have thought about the hungry peoples of the world and how candy is what it is supposed to be, a treat not often enjoyed.  How does one change that mind set? 
In the olden days of my time, it was more about the tricks.....no treats involved.  Kids (older ones) welded the padlocks that were common on school doors, shut; turned over the out houses and drug them by tractors up to the front door of the school....put bags of poop on doorsteps and rang the bell...you get the picture.  No blood, no guts, no video monsters, but a lot of cinderellas, king kongs and kids with teeth blacked out. 
I hope you each had a lovely night.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm glad for the lack of tricks!!!
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Me too, DK.  That was back in the Oklahoma dust bowl days.  Such strife, hunger, and very little joy.  I was very young then, but I can imagine the pranks giving a little release from the poverty and deprivation of the days... It was not like now, where everyone had food, a toilet inside, a school to go to...the black kids were my neighbors because we were white trash and white trash lived with the black people.  The black people were the kind people.  They still are, I think. 
I never did tricks, nor did I go for treats.  No one I knew went for treats.  It was not done..no one came for treats either...there were none. Sad, long away days.  How spoiled our children are this day. 
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:58 am

We are still who we are - and we are just who we should be at this point in our lives - because of what we have experienced and overcome.

I was blessed to live my life without judging people by anything but their character - and then forgiving way too many flaws.

From a very young age I could not understand why people who looked different were treated differently whether it was colors, religions or handicapped. 

I didn't teach that to my children but I saw them practice it so they learned by example.  My middle son's close friend in elementary school was made fun of by other students and he befriended him and the mother was so impressed she stopped to tell me he was her son's only friend - he was severely disabled in a wheelchair, mainstreamed at the school.

My youngest was thrilled that I could be a bus mom for a trip to Disney for his elementary class as I worked but could get the day off.  We lived on an island and the school was in town so I didn't know all his school friends, only the island ones.

My little group of boys and girls looked like the United Nations - my youngest son's "best friends of all."  The rest of the little groups were the rest of the kids who looked pretty much alike.

Tolerance and acceptance are taught by words but best by living and example.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:05 am

dkchristi wrote:
We are still who we are - and we are just who we should be at this point in our lives - because of what we have expeienced and overcome.
---------------
Tolerance and acceptance are taught by words but best by living and example.

Amen!
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:30 pm

I am heavy of heart because of the election results.  Fox is a cult.  It has many mindless followers.  I wonder if they demanded of their follower that they prove their loyalty by committing suicide, how many would actually do it.  I think given the right hysteria, they could take out millions of people.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:16 am

When I hear intelligent people proclaim the things they do, including my friends who should know better from their own lives, I am sad.  They vote Republican.

You see, I vote mostly Democrat from my own life experiences as a woman.  The Republicans take away the rights that women have hard fought for.  They take away voting rights.  They want to take away Social Security and Medicare.  They reduce food and shelter for disabled and needy. They want to keep it all for themselves by denying basic needs to others whose lives weren't so lucky. But, the people Republicans dis are mostly in subsistence mode.  Voting is a higher level on Maslov's scale.

Those who are so afraid the government is taking away are those who benefit the most.  Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 1:18 am

Although once a Republican, like you DK, today I find it difficult to respect anyone who votes Republican.  Unless or until they change, my attitude won't change.  It was and is my understanding that a Representative in Government is to represent the interests of people who gave them their job.  It appears that once elected, they forget the people they were elected to represent and instead represent the interests of their party.  Winning is the only thing important to them and they use whatever money and tactics necessary to succeed. 
An overhaul of the election process is needed.  How to make that happen is unknown.  Those in power who used the existing system to get what they want will fight against any reform.  JMO.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 5:21 pm

So there I was, working in my gardens, looking for any way I can improve the production of what I have planted when I encounter a small nest under the beans plants, in the top pots, with two small ground dove babies...big eyed and almost bald.  I see the mom down on the ground pretending she is wounded.  She is trying to lure the danger away from her chicks.  I give them and that stack of beans a wide berth.  I feel so sorry for her anxiety. 

I am glad for these reminders that the human form is not the only creature who is on this earth to love and care for offspring.  

Our bees are doing well.  They do love the blooming broccoli and the flowers on the win-win choi.  I bought my David the honey extracting equipment for Christmas.  He has ordered more bees and more hive boxes.  The bees are a wonder to behold.  When the part of the Bible that says, consider the ant, I do believe it means honey bees.  hahah.  Genius they are. 

I find that I must work longer hours to get it all accomplished.  No complaining here.  Life is a non stop kind of roller-coaster.  You are on it, and you have to go with the flow.  I love that. 
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:12 am

My local Rural King is promoting equipment to raise bees. They also promote owning chickens.  In my little city, up to six chickens are allowed. I should get chickens and bees just to get even with the neighbors who let their dogs mess in my yard or the one with the big dog that runs into the driveway and scares my 95 year old mom who deserves better.  I'm sure chickens are noisy.

Back to beauty...when I lived in West Branch, Michigan, the field we walked by had these little birds that nested on the ground, but they were not doves.  The first time I saw an adult hopping down the street in front of us as though her leg and wing were broken, I wanted to help.  Then my spouse pointed out she was drawing us away from the nest.  I was amazed.  After we passed, I looked back and she ran full speed into the field.

She was an amazing actress.  She carried that leg as though it was broken, her wing also.  And we think we are the only intelligent creatures or the only ones with feelings.

My friend has a dog.  Whenever I visit the dog immediately walks away from me, glances back for my okay and when it doesn't come, stays away from me.  He knows I don't want his attention with no word from me.  Instinct?  Sure.  But we are pretty pleased with ourselves when we use instinct to solve a problem yet we discount instinct as something "inborn" for animals.  Hmmm
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:50 am

Your life aeems quite contented these days, Betty. Unlike Mistress Mary who was quite contrary, your garden grows beautiful vegetables that you can now sell online, and you are replenishing the bee populationm which is a service to all of us. your hard work and dedication are paying off. I know of no one who deserves it more.

Annie
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 1:40 pm

So, There I was...
Turning seventy-two.  I wrote it out so it did not look so fearsome.  On my birthday, I crawled around the bottom of the stacks to remove the weeds where the snails call home.  I got to thinking about my age around 2:00 o'clock.  I went into the house to have my medications and sit for a few minutes.  My David took the time to remove the peas from the pea plant that I was removing.  He took them to his work today.   We do not like to waste food. 
My children called to say 'happy birthday.'  I was glad of that.  They think I am crazy, of course, to not just sit and watch tv or sew or do other old lady stuff.  When I was younger, some 47 years ago, I knitted and crocheted, sewed and quilted, painted and made hanging things.  In my middle age, I just worked a lot for other people to keep stuff.  Now, I still work without stopping.  But, I do not know how else to live.  I consider that I have to have stuff to do..some of it important and some not so. 
For every one of you who thought of me on my birthday, thought with kindness and love, I love you back! 
Tomorrow is always a new day.  Of all the good things I can think of, that fact is the best one.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 2:17 pm

So, from now until the 5th of August, you are older than I am. I would have said older and wiser, but you are always one of the wisest women I know.

It is important to have stuff to do. Just keep being you, but when you do get tired, it is perfectly OK to sit and reflect. That's important stuff, too.

Annie
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 3:42 pm

I intend to reflect tomorrow...or soon.  Snort!  Love, Betty

You, Annie, are a birthday all in your own self.  How wonderful is your mind, your compassion, knowledge, understanding.
Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:56 pm

So! There I was, thinking about writing a little memory book about my baby grand's and how we went on all these years to be the unit of family love that I hope they see.  I thought of calling it, 'The  Grand Adventures."  I would tell about the Armadillo hunt in the dark, the teepee building, the fishing worm adventure, the baby cows across the road, feeding the neighbors many pigs, and singing at bedtime.  To show life as I see it to my grandchildren has been my extreme pleasure.  I hoped that they could see a glimpse of what I see out of my myopic eye.  Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:55 pm

So, There I was, thinking about all my friends on this message board, thinking about Alice especially. What a kind and caring friend she is, has been and will be. How her heart beats with the rhythm of life. I do love our Alice.  Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, There I Was   So, There I Was - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

So, There I Was
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Writers' Blogs-
Jump to: