Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Update on Gisela

Go down 
+9
LC
Domenic Pappalardo
Pam
dkchristi
Shelagh
alj
alice
joefrank
Abe F. March
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 am

Yesterday I called the hospital trying to find out the situation with my wife. I was told I would have to ask the doctor, however the doctor was not available. I talked with my wife and she had not seen the doctor since her lymph node procedure. She couldn't tell me anything. No news at this point made me feel gloom. Were they hiding something? This
morning I went to the hospital to find out what’s happening with Gisela. Her bed was not in the room and I was told
she was in surgery. I asked the nurses
how she was, and their response was to ask the doctor, however the doctor was
performing the surgery. I went to
Administration and asked them if there was someone available who spoke good
English. The lady said they had a doctor
on staff that spoke good English, but he was on vacation (Easter). She said there was another lady she could
call that spoke English, so I waited for the lady to come. I was becoming quite emotional by this
point. The only thing I learned from the
lady was that my German was better than her English, and we conversed in
German. Apparently, there is a protocol
that only doctor’s can provide medical information. Could also be connected with insurance
liability.

I went to
the hospital this afternoon and Gisela was in her room looking good. She said that the doctor saw her this morning
and explained everything in detail about what was done and what they would be
doing during the operation. Yesterday in Landau, she was injected with
some nuclear liquid, and then, using a Geiger counter, they were able to detect
the location of the lymph nodes. They
removed the large lymph node this morning and that will go to the lab. If that is malignant, they will remove
more. The doctor said they didn’t want
to remove more than necessary. They also
removed more cells from the area of the first operation in the event the cancer
had spread. Gisela was
hungry and that’s a good sign. She also
wanted to get out of bed and take a walk.
I suppose they will allow that later today. All in all, she looks good and feels good. I also feel much better having received some
answers and believe she is in good hands.
Before this is all over, I will give some advice to the Administration and
doctors about the lack of information to relatives, especially to spouses. The doctor could at least write some note
(information) that the staff is allowed to give to relatives. The policy of no information stinks, and that
I will tell them.

Thank you all for the positive energy you sent. I'm confident that it helped.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:06 am

4/27/2011

Abe..

That is good news, you and Gisela are both in my
prayers, keep the faith, she will be okay..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:10 am

Abe,

Thank you for the update. Hope all is as well as can be expected!

I am sorry for the unnecessary stress on both of you.

You both remain in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:55 am

Thanks for the update. Glad that Gisela is feeling well; you hang in. Sometimes it's almost harder on the spouse.

My prayers stay with you both.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am

Sounds quite traumatic, Abe. The good news is that Gisela is on the mend. I hope that continues. Update on Gisela 846271
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 am

The priority is excellent care and confidence in the doctors. Thanks for keeping us informed. Sorry for the stress!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Ah, found the update after my earlier post. Thanks so much for sharing your life here Abe. I will continue to keep you and Gisela in my prayers. These are mostly done in English but also sometimes in French, depending on what I am working on. I strongly recommend you follow through on your recommendations with the hospital - we have to advocate for what we need.

Sending you strength,
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 7:59 am

Update on Gisela, Friday 29 April 2011

Visited her in the hospital this afternoon. She was looking well and in good spirits. She may be coming home tomorrow or Sunday. She will know tomorrow morning.

The doctor told her that they haven’t received the report from the lab yet, but they’re optimistic that it will be okay. In the meanwhile, they are arranging for her radiation treatments. She will go to Karlsruhe (about 40 KM distant) 5 times a week for 6 weeks. Although they feel sure they got everything during the operation, it is a precaution... The cancer could have started to spread and didn’t show up yet. The radiation will kill any of those unwanted cells.

A taxi will pick her up at the house and bring her home for all the trips to Karlsruhe.
(With gas prices so high, that’s a relief)
My day didn’t start out too well. I was on my way to Speyerdorf (a town about 65 KM distant), traveling through a small village and was pulled over for speeding. They recently posted signs in the town with a 30 KM limit.
I quickly reached for my passport, but it wasn’t in my pocket. I searched my glove compartment and found my Fuhrerschein (drivers license). The police officer said I was doing 42 KM. After I expressed a Scheise (shit) or two, he said, “Es ist nicht schlim, nur 15 Euros.” (It is not so bad, only 15 Euros) I paid him and he gave me a receipt.
Two days ago when I went to the hospital, there was a speed trap. I was okay, but carried my passport with me yesterday and had it in my pocket. When I got home from Speyerdorf, I couldn’t find my passport. I dressed in the same clothes as my visit to the hospital the day before. On the way home today, I decided to do exactly what I did yesterday. I went into our walk-in closet to remove my clothing, and on the floor was my passport. What a relief!

So, that’s it so far for today.

Looking forward to my wife coming home. I’ll know tomorrow morning if/when she will be coming.

PS. It is most unusual for speed traps. I suppose they’re looking for every source of revenue and catching speeders is one way). But why me? Sad
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 am

They always go after the slower driver...easer to apprehend. Try driving very fast.

Great news about your wife.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:28 am

Abe,

What a relief--try driving slower. Then they will get you for that!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am

Stress creates all sorts of mind boggles. Be careful & I'm glad the prognosis is good for your spouse :-)
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:48 am

I brought my wife home from the hospital yesterday and she is in good spirits and happy to be home. Although uncertainties still remain, they do not consume our thoughts. She will undergo radiation therapy soon.

Radiation treatment as opposed to Chemotherapy.

As Alice can attest, chemotherapy can cause hair to fall out and destroy good cells.
Radiation therapy, as explained to us, will pinpoint the areas that need treatment to kill cells or potential harmful (cancerous) cells. That is the treatment my wife will have. We remain optimistic that the cancer has not spread and that radiation therapy will do the job.
I think that the positive results have much to do with all the positive energy that was sent.
I hesitate to use the term “prayer” although that is a prime method of sending positive energy.
Whatever you do to send that energy, know that it is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:37 am

The energy is still coming, Abe. There is every reason to believe that Gisela will come through this.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:29 am

Positive thoughts continue...
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:34 am

Lots of energy coming your way, Abe.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:20 am

Abe,

Such good news about your wife.
I am glad your wife doesn't need chemotherapy.
Fortunately, I have had neither chemo or radiation.
No diagnosis of cancer. A close call with Pancreatic Cancer but a miss.
My no hair came from having my head shaved prior to brain surgery.

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:33 am

Abe F. March wrote:
I brought my wife home from the hospital yesterday and she is in good spirits and happy to be home. Although uncertainties still remain, they do not consume our thoughts. She will undergo radiation therapy soon.

Radiation treatment as opposed to Chemotherapy.

As Alice can attest, chemotherapy can cause hair to fall out and destroy good cells.
Radiation therapy, as explained to us, will pinpoint the areas that need treatment to kill cells or potential harmful (cancerous) cells. That is the treatment my wife will have. We remain optimistic that the cancer has not spread and that radiation therapy will do the job.
I think that the positive results have much to do with all the positive energy that was sent.
I hesitate to use the term “prayer” although that is a prime method of sending positive energy.
Whatever you do to send that energy, know that it is appreciated.

Glad to hear she is home Abe...just a foot note:
Good thoughts make for good health. Bad thoughts for bad health. The body responds to how we think.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:23 am

I never thought of prayer as a form of positive energy, but I think you're right about that. That would be a good reason for why prayer works, if it does.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:47 am

An even better reason would be that God heard and answered.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:21 am

Abe positive news you will continually be in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks again to all of you.
It's not over till it's over, and we don't know when that will be, but it will be.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:00 am

Great news for now, Abe! Bits of positive news is always welcomed. Sending more positive energy for more good news to follow.

Helen
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:19 am

We will keep hoping and praying for the best.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:03 am

Gisela had her doctor's visit today. They got a preliminary report back from the lab and there is no evidence of cancer in the lymph nodes. She is happy. I am also happy and wanted to share this good news with my support group.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:26 am

Wonderful news, Abe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update on Gisela Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Gisela   Update on Gisela Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on Gisela
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next