Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month Empty
PostSubject: April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month   April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 am

How many of you have a friend or a relative with this challenge?

My advice is to avoid this condition if at all possible.

This will not be easy as they don't know for sure the cause.
It is hereditary, in some cases, and choosing your parents is impossible.

I was diagnosed at age 49 and have become too well aquainted with the aggravation. It is exceedingly boring, tedious and tiresome.

Sorry for the unwelcome subject, but I am probably the most aware of it here. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month   April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Alice I have a friend who has Parkinson's. He used to be a teacher and now works as a speaker, more often now at Parkinson's association events. As a speaker it's been tough since the condition is affecting his voice as well as his limbs, and so he has also been doing speech therapy. A blessing for him has been a very supportive network of family and friends, and at 50, he and his wife have just been blessed with a son. They also have an 18 month old.

His laughter and attitude and laughter are infectious, and he gives terrific hugs. I think at this point that his kids are helping him stay young and active. His wife deserves a big medal; there is a big load on their plate, as there is on yours. cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month   April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Dear Alice,
What a kind and gentle person you are.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month   April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Betty

Your avatar was my desktop background for sometime
It is so pretty.

Pam,

Your friend has a tall order. Thank God My kids were grown before I discovered it.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month   April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Dear Alice,
Living is so hard sometimes. The avatar of the roses is for my son-in-law's mother who passed away a small while ago. It is a Seven Sister's Rose. It is a rambler and will cover my son in law's fence one day. He says hello to her every time he passes that rose. She had six children and one of the blooms is for her and the other six are for her children. A lovely nice person she was. Her middle name was Rose. Along side of her rose is the Don Juan that stands for her husband.

Your courage and your love shine out in every thing you write on this board.

Pam,
God bless your friend and give him courage and love.

Life is so hard sometimes.

Love,
Betty

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month   April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 am

My late FIL died of Parkinson's. A former co-worker also died of it.

My mom recently had a stroke, but she actually came out of it ok. Some speech problems, but that's it. Amazing. If there's a "good" thing to say about such things, they bring people together again. I visited my parents (they live in another state) and had a great visit with both of them, something I haven't done in a long time. I even mended fences with my dad.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month   April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 am

lLC,

Good to see you back here,. I guess you are quite aware.
Glad you are on better terms wth your parents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month   April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month Empty

Back to top Go down

April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month
Page 1 of 1