Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Blow 'em away on April Fools Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Blow 'em away on April Fools Day Empty
PostSubject: Blow 'em away on April Fools Day   Blow 'em away on April Fools Day EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Mama's Comfort Food (Kindle version)
Mama's Comfort Food (paperback)

Hi to my writer buddies, near and far.

My new southern fiction novel Mama's Comfort Food is now available on amazon as both a paperback and Kindle version.

This book is close to my heart. The main character is a breast cancer patient. It is about love, courage, forgiveness, the bond between a mother and daughter, and rising above a dreadful disease. I have lost loved ones to breast cancer. Every day, more of my friends receive the diagnosis.

I have pledged a portion of royalties to A Woman's Place, a local group that provides support for breast cancer patients. I plan to start locally, then hopefully branch out to more and more people.

You get a funny and heartfelt novel, one I (and my editors) have chiseled and refined. In turn, I will spread the love to women and men who need it most. What a deal.

If you wish to help, order on April Fools Day from Amazon. Let's blow 'em away on April Fools Day! Woo-hoo!

This is not about me, folks. I am only one author in a HUGE pond, trying my best to make a difference.

Love to all of you! Blow 'em away on April Fools Day 765642

Rhett DeVane aka madhatter
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Blow 'em away on April Fools Day   Blow 'em away on April Fools Day EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Best wishes, I will order it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Blow 'em away on April Fools Day   Blow 'em away on April Fools Day EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Best wishes also! I was a contributor to Killer Recipes, a composite cook book for which all proceeds including the publisher's cut went to Cancer research. It is also available in ebook at Amazon.com. The editor does reviews and interviews for an author site and is quite helpful to authors in general.

She was able to raise several thousand for Cancer Research from the project for her local cancer organization. I wish you a similar good fortune. Since the book was in her name, the name exposure for her and for the contributors didn't hurt.

Your best bet is to hook up with local organizations as it's just a competitive world out there and people are more inclined to buy a book for its name author and price point than for the contribution.

I contribute to my church for any member that buys my book - but I don't think it influences the purchase. They would have bought the book anyway. It's just my thing that it doesn't seem right to solicit sales from my captive church friends without giving something back for the privilege.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

PostSubject: Re: Blow 'em away on April Fools Day   Blow 'em away on April Fools Day EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Good points, D.K.

People who read my novels do so for the humor. Like you, I feel as if I want to find ways to "give back" for all of the love and support I have been given over the years.

The way I see it, everything I do to lift up someone helps. Maybe only a little bit, one person at a time.

A pinpoint of light through a dark curtain.

Whoa...that was deep.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Blow 'em away on April Fools Day   Blow 'em away on April Fools Day EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I ordered--hope you all did too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Blow 'em away on April Fools Day   Blow 'em away on April Fools Day EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:35 am

Rhett I have added you and your book to Indie Authors Cavern. Laughing
Back to top Go down
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

PostSubject: Re: Blow 'em away on April Fools Day   Blow 'em away on April Fools Day EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:52 am

Thanks, everyone!

We had a great launch for the book. Wonderful little cafe in Tallahassee--over a hundred of my friends came out to see the book drift into the world.
This morning, it felt fantastic to write out a check for A Woman's Place. Love it!!!

So many people who came to the signing table were buying the book for someone they knew with breast cancer. I hope my story helps to lift them up, even for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow 'em away on April Fools Day   Blow 'em away on April Fools Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Blow 'em away on April Fools Day
Page 1 of 1