Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com   Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:13 pm

My thanks to Al Stevens for his very thoughtful review!

Reviewer:
Al Stevens "musician"Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com Carrot._V192251235_

This review is from: Ghost Orchid (Paperback)

I started to read this book several times. Other matters would take me away from it, and by the time I'd return, I'd need to start again. Finally, I told myself to sit still and give it a chance. I was rewarded by that decision with the gift of a well-crafted story about a woman I think I must have known if only in my youthful fantasies.

While this is not the sort of fiction I usually read, its title, however, pulled me in and drew me to the book. When I realized that a lot of the story is set in the Everglades, I was hooked. (He said with illogically sequenced metaphors.)

I want to say that this is a romance book, but I'm not sure. The characters are fascinating, the plot compelling, and the narrative descriptions of nature are exquisite and accurate. The story is not only about romance and beautiful people being involved with one another, however, although that does play a part. It is more about the mystery of the elusive flower for which the book is named, and the subtle suggestion that the orchid itself somehow channels the love known in life by the ghost of a character and draws together, as if by the will of the orchid, the people she loved.

Once into it, I didn't want it to end. I predict the same for most of you and suggest you give it a try.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com   Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Good review Al.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com   Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 am

Well-written review for a well-written book.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com   Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:58 am

Great review!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com   Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost Orchid reviewed by Al Stevens at Amazon.com
Page 1 of 1