Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deborah Kennedy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-15

FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR Empty
PostSubject: FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR   FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm the author of the novel, Two Kinds of Color. It's the story of a mother's love and sacrifice for her racially divided children; two of them are white, two of them black, raised in a hustler's brutal environment on the South Side of Chicago. There are some great reviews to read at Kindle. Starting Monday, JUNE 18th, Two Kinds of Color will be a FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD. The promotion ends JUNE 22nd. I hope you get a chance to read it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031TZPH0

Here are only some of the kindle reviews:

Thank you Deborah Kennedy for introducing me to the kind of book I usually wouldn't read! Once started it was hard to put down! It is a must read in my opinion! The characters are real and the book covers all aspects of life. I was blown away by the ending!! I too like others am looking forward to your next book!--KINDLE REVIEW

OMG! I really couldn't put this book down! Congratulations to Deborah Kennedy on this incredible read! Thank you for introducing me to your masterpiece! I mean it! What a GREAT GIFT for my friends who love a GREAT read! I am really looking forward to your next book. Please let it be sooner than later!--KINDLE REVIEW

This book is well written and a great story that everyone should get to read. The author's writing talents are impressive and straight to the point. I look forward to her next novel. Keep up the good work.--KINDLE REVIEW

Two Kinds of Color is an exceptionally beautifully written novel. The characters are compelling and believable and the message of love and sacrifice and true friendship is touching and unforgettable. I savored this book. It is not a book to be skimmed through but read thoughtfully and carefully. The ability of Ms. Kennedy to present her story with such insight and heart-felt emotion is remarkable. I read a great many books and, like most of us, have my favorite authors. I look forward to reading any other novel my newest favorite author writes. Thank you Ms. Kennedy. I enjoyed Two Kinds of Color very much.--AMAZON PAPERBACK REVIEW

Last edited by Deborah Kennedy on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR   FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Congrats on great reviews for your book!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR   FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:12 am

3/12/2011

Deborah..

Congratulations, here's a book I think you'll
find interesting on Amazon books , it's title is :
" Is Your Father Black ? " about the 1950's and a
inter racial marriage and how it affects the children
takes place in NYC..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Deborah Kennedy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR   FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:39 am

In your spare-spare time go to letterstomykids.org. I have a column running. I hope you get the chance to take a look at it.

Best regards,

Deborah
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR   FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Whew! The power of your words and the scenes evoked are amazing. Your writing is alive and grabs the heart. I hope that is not a true summary of the childhood of your siblings and you; because I know many people who think they had a rough childhood and use it as an excuse for a negative life. That you can find love in so much trauma and gratitude in so much sadness is a credit to the human spirit and yours. If you are telling of the lives of others and not your own, the reality of how people live strikes painfully at a place where we forget that in this beautiful United States life is not beautiful for everyone - and they are not deserving of the pain they suffer - no child in this country should face such obstacles and challenges so young. Wealth is everywhere, yet poverty is growing. I don't know how so many people can live in such excess while education, mentoring, urban development, community centers, health care and more go begging for so many with needs. I guess it's like the people who walk over those lying on the streets in India - they close their hearts and minds believing they cannot do anything. Rather, I believe like the girl throwing starfish into the water, stranded by the tide, who answers her father who stresses the futility and that it can make little difference. "It makes a difference to this one," she says as she tosses one more back into the safety of the surf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR   FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR Empty

Back to top Go down

FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD: TWO KINDS OF COLOR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: e-books-
Jump to: