Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Snow Diary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Snow Diary   Snow Diary EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Dear Diary

Aug 12 Moved to our new home in Pennsylvania. It is so beautiful here. The Mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them. I love it here.

Oct 14 Pennsylvania is the most beautiful place on Earth. The leaves have turned to all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful mountains and saw some Deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be Paradise. I love it here.

Nov 11 Deer season will start soon. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

Dec 2 It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snow ball fight (I won), and when the snowplow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Pennsylvania.

Dec 12 More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.

Dec 19 More snow last night. Couldn’t get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Damn Snowplow.

Dec 22 More of that white shit fell last night. I’ve got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the curve and waits until I’m done shoveling the driveway. Asshole!

Dec 25 Merry Christmas! More friggen snow. If I ever get my hands on the son-of-a-bitch who drives that snowplow, I swear I’ll kill the bastard. Don’t know why they don’t use more salt on the roads to melt the damn ice.

Dec 27 More white shit last night. Been inside for 3 days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snowplow goes through every time. Can’t go anywhere, cars stuck in a mountain of white shit. The weatherman says to expect another 10” of the shit again tonight. Do you have any idea how many shovels full of snow 10” is?

Dec 28 The stupid weatherman was wrong. We got 34” of that white shit this time. At this rate it won’t melt before next summer. The snowplow got stuck up the road and that bastard came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the shit he pushed into my driveway, I broke my last one over his frigin head.

Jan 4 Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a damned Deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those frigin beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3 Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from the damn salt they put all over the road.

May 10 Moved to Georgia. I can’t imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that God-forsaken State of Pennsylvania.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Diary   Snow Diary EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:41 am

:lol!:How about moving to florida you don't get snow there!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Diary   Snow Diary EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:58 am

Abe,

How funny! You made it for almost 9 monthes.

You ought to publish your diaries.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Diary   Snow Diary EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:05 am

I should have made a disclaimer before posting that. Being a native of Pennsylvania, it was sent to me when I lived in Georgia. So, I am not the author.
It is funny and there is also a study of human nature in that diary. How attitudes change, and often weather-related.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be more cautious with posts in the future and identify the source when possible.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Diary   Snow Diary EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:33 am

I love snow. It must be the kid in me.

Of course in Michigan, I don't shovel it. I just sit in our basement room and watch it pile up--it's like being in a snowglobe.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Diary   Snow Diary EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:09 am

Alice,
I'm with you. I love it too. I even love shoveling it - to a point.
Taking a walk in the snow, making fresh tracks and seeing tracks made by animals or other humans, tell a story.

An afterwards, sitting by a fire with something hot to drink - or something to drink that will make you warm. Ahhhhh.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Diary   Snow Diary EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:03 am

Abe,

Do you have a lot of snow where you live?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Diary   Snow Diary EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 am

Not in the region where I live, although this year there was more snow than usual.
If I want lots of snow, I go south to the Alps.

The snows I remember most are of when I was a child in Pennsylvania. We had lots of snow. Also remember a big snow fall one year when I was living in Peekskill, New York. When I opened the garage door there was a wall of snow reaching to the roof. Had to literally tunnel my way out. The kids thought it was fun.

In the days of my youth, there was never a school closing due to snow. Of course we walked to school. There were no school buses. I attended a one room school. One year the teacher arrived on a horse because the snow was too deep to drive his car. During recess, we rode his horse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snow Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Diary   Snow Diary Empty

Back to top Go down

Snow Diary
Page 1 of 1