Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New author site, I need advice !!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
carsun1000

carsun1000

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-12-02

New author site, I need advice !!! Empty
PostSubject: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:05 am

Hello everyone,

So I decided to create a web site to promote my book, my character and me as an author. I was wondering if you veterans don't mind helping out with ideas of what I am supposed to have on there. the link is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Everything on there so far, I did myself. Your inputs will be highly valued. Thank you very much !!!!
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 am

Sunny, I'm just learning to, but I've been told to get rid of excessive exclamation marks, and now on you're site, I can see why.

And to say you're book is the next big thing is bragging and no one wants to see that. Tone it down and tell WHY the book is explosive. WHAT kinds of secrets will he reveal? The reader needs a hint.
Back to top Go down
carsun1000

carsun1000

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 am

Thank you for your input. I listened to your suggestions and I have made some changes. Thank you
Back to top Go down
lyntx
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:20 pm

I like that so much better, Sunny. Don't you think its better? Still, how about putting something about what kind of revelation? Personal secrets, spys? Government coverups? Give a hint like they do when they talk about new books.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:10 pm

You have a good start with the suggestions already made. I agree about getting rid of the exclamation points and letting the writing give the reader a feeling of "explosive" or let a reviewer describe the book in those terms.

I'm a little concerned about the format of the excerpt. Did Outskirts Press do any edit work? The cover itself is very sharp; I think there are some things to be concerned about regarding the formatting in the book and the actual edits.

One error you did not make: many new web site people make their site too busy, adding butterflies and music, etc. Mine is quite busy with videos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and needs some polish. Shelagh Watkins has a sharp web site. Your web site is quite crisp and not over busy.

Web sites are a work in progress. Good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 7:04 pm

12/8/2010

I suggest you create a video on your book, cover, short story
lines, music and download it to you tube...Millions of people
look at this site... Check my video out...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
carsun1000

carsun1000

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:30 pm

joefrank wrote:
12/8/2010

I suggest you create a video on your book, cover, short story
lines, music and download it to you tube...Millions of people
look at this site... Check my video out...

Cheers..Joe

Hi Joe and thank you for your suggestion. I am going to have to learn to make those videos soon. Everyone here seems to agree that video and music is necessary. Maybe later on in the week or weekend I will contact you again. Thank you once again
Back to top Go down
carsun1000

carsun1000

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:36 pm

dkchristi wrote:
You have a good start with the suggestions already made. I agree about getting rid of the exclamation points and letting the writing give the reader a feeling of "explosive" or let a reviewer describe the book in those terms.

I'm a little concerned about the format of the excerpt. Did Outskirts Press do any edit work? The cover itself is very sharp; I think there are some things to be concerned about regarding the formatting in the book and the actual edits.

One error you did not make: many new web site people make their site too busy, adding butterflies and music, etc. Mine is quite busy with videos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and needs some polish. Shelagh Watkins has a sharp web site. Your web site is quite crisp and not over busy.

Web sites are a work in progress. Good luck to you.

Thank you D.K, I will keep on making those changes till I get it right. As far as editing went with my book, outskirts press was all about money but not a good job. they charged me an arm and a leg and I still found a mistake or two in the book. I am not so sure I will use then for my next work.

Last edited by carsun1000 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 pm

12/10/2010

Here's the site for Windows Movie Maker, it's very easy
to use...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New author site, I need advice !!!   New author site, I need advice !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New author site, I need advice !!!
Page 1 of 1